Op-Ed: Comcast Trying to Prove It Isn't Horrible By Offering Free Internet and Debt Pardon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
Here's the plan. We get the warhead and hold the world ransom for 100 megabits.

Don't you think we should ask for *more* than a hundred megabits? A hundred megabits isn't exactly a lot of bandwidth these days. Virtucon alone uses over nine gigabits of bandwidth!

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I find the headline and the premise of the article to be hateful.

You're absolutely right, the Headline should read:
"ComCast plans to use government subsidies to exploit impoverished families, promises to bring abuse to areas served by TWC once merger is complete"

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Being that we are the number one-provider of Internet and TV service in the entire country, why is it that you aren't wanting to have the number-one Internet service, number-one TV service available? I'm just trying to figure out what it is about Comcast service that you aren't liking, that you aren't wanting to keep. What is it about that service?
--http://goo.gl/eHGLm5

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Yawn a shark wearing a dress is still a shark and a bear with a cute sweater on is still a bear and it ain't no teddy bear despite what Annie may say about Tibbers.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
This is nothing, but smoke and mirrors all the stipulations just hammer home that point. What next a discount to coma patients? How cute and considerate Comcast!

This is evil 101 enslave the majority while presenting yourself as sympathetic kind and humane person to the most vulnerable demographic.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
"you must have at least one child eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program."

Since that's exactly the type of family that has $10's a month to spare for cable internet and can optionally pull $150's out of their @$$ for a computer as well.

This is just proof enough that Comcast is defiantly on bath salts.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008

What's ignorant about God Blessing America? Do you hate God or hate America?

It's hard to "hate" an imaginary character like this "God" thing. So hate in what way? Like hating Joffrey from GoT? Sure I guess.

As for the Obama thing. If you think Obama is the problem, you haven't been paying attention for very long.

Aslan7

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
This is in reply to the original blog post at http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/comcast-to-offer-six-months-of-free-internet-essentials-service-and-announces-debt-forgiveness-plan

For more than 8 hours Comcast has blocked every comment, including of course this one about my experiences with Comcast.

I take issue with several point here VP Cohen.
Comcast began offering internet essentials as a condition of the merger with NBC, not out of the goodness of it's heart. Comcast continues to offer the program in an attempt to pacify the FCC and attempt to gain support for your merger with Time Warner.

Comcast Business class has been the worst service I ever received in terms of reliability. In the 6 months I had service I experienced more than 9 outages. Comcast forced me into a commercial contract I didn't want because they were the only option in the building. Comcast installers didn't bring the tools needed to install the drop properly and it took quite a number of phone calls and a third installer who also brought the wrong tools to finally get service installed properly.
After 6 months of horridly unreliable service I moved my office to try and be rid of Comcast. I was informed you had me trapped in a year long contract and wanted $1200 for services that you weren't going to be providing me, and that were to terrible to use. You refused to cancel my service even upon my insistence. Because you had me under your thumb, I attempted to have you install service at my new Comcast serviced address. I verified that this address was serviced by Comcast. You, Comcast refused to install service saying you didn't service my address, this despite the fact that I verified that you did. On top of that you still wanted $1200 for service you were refusing to install.

Comcast is a horrible company with the worst reliability of service of any company I've ever used. Comcast will refuse you service yet demand you pay for service they won't provide.

I think you are confused. I'm happy I'm getting $10 internet and I voted for Obama twice for president and once for senator. Why is it a problem? I'm also an Atheist, but I don't hate Baby Jesus. Do you hate babies?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

I think you are confused. I'm happy I'm getting $10 internet and I voted for Obama twice for president and once for senator. Why is it a problem? I'm also an Atheist, but I don't hate Baby Jesus. Do you hate babies?

Troll much? What if someone does? Not a big deal, you know.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
More benefits for the "low income" crowd. They get free housing, free food, free medical, free utilities and now $10 internet, while I have to pay $75 a month. Once you add up all these nice benefits, they make more than me and get to sit home all day. How about offering your long time paying customers a deal?

G

Here's the plan. We get the warhead and hold the world ransom for 100 megabits.

Don't you think we should ask for *more* than a hundred megabits? A hundred megabits isn't exactly a lot of bandwidth these days. Virtucon alone uses over nine gigabits of bandwidth!

Okay then. I want a trillion petabits. Or I'll heat up the world, and cause a phenomenon I like to call, wait for it, GLOBAL WARMING.

Where can I get free utilities?

In the past four years I have had the same exact service of Comcast: internet (intermediate speed) and expanded cable (but no premium channels). In that time they have raised my rates from $148 to just this month going from $178 to $184. For the SAME SERVICE. I have now decided to dump their cable and stick with internet for $65. It's just ABSURD. I'd go with Direct TV but with ATT about to take them over, I won't touch them either. What a shame we in the States are continually reduced in the amount of consumer choices for cable, internet, and telecom.

Status
Not open for further replies.