[SOLVED] Operating system not found, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
I shut down my pc yesterday normally by clicking shut down button in start. Today when I try to start my pc it says "Operating system not found".
I've un plugged my other Hard-disk and tried to restart several times. But nothing.

My os is/was window 10. It was installed in CRUCIAL MX500 3D NAND 500GB M.2 Internal SSD, it has a 5 year warranty, I got it on 2019, so 3 years warranty left.
There's a led on the ssd, which blinks when it's working, and it's still blinking, so ssd is not dead?

Why did this happen? I'll try to install windows on the ssd again. What to do if it doesn't work?

Specs: http://specr.me/show/8ee

Missing prefix in above link has been corrected by moderator

Last edited:
Solution
I shut down my pc yesterday normally by clicking shut down button in start. Today when I try to start my pc it says "Operating system not found".
I've un plugged my other Hard-disk and tried to restart several times. But nothing.

My os is/was window 10. It was installed in CRUCIAL MX500 3D NAND 500GB M.2 Internal SSD, it has a 5 year warranty, I got it on 2019, so 3 years warranty left.
There's a led on the ssd, which blinks when it's working, and it's still blinking, so ssd is not dead?

Why did this happen? I'll try to install windows on the ssd again. What to do if it doesn't work?

Hi There...

Bassplate

Reputable

Hi There :benetton:
Check in Bios if you still see your Windows Drive (Your SSD)....If your Drive is still visible make sure that the drive is set as 1st boot device and then boot directly onto the drive also make sure that the drive boot order is set as 1st boot order....If that doesn't work and still facing the issue i would then say to make a bootable USB device and try to repair the windows on the drive.
You can also try to reset your Bios and see if that would help.

Solution

Mr.Stork

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
Hi There :benetton:
Check in Bios if you still see your Windows Drive (Your SSD)....If your Drive is still visible make sure that the drive is set as 1st boot device and then boot directly onto the drive also make sure that the drive boot order is set as 1st boot order....If that doesn't work and still facing the issue i would then say to make a bootable USB device and try to repair the windows on the drive.
You can also try to reset your Bios and see if that would help.
So I reinstalled windows and everything seems fine... But had to loose all data to reinstall

Reactions: Bassplate
Status
Not open for further replies.