ArchersWorld

Honorable
Mar 3, 2015
So I’m going to be building in an Enthoo Pro TG. I currently have the CoolerMaster ML360R. But I’ve been reading about negative pressure and positive pressure, and I’m almost certain I will have negative pressure in my case due to the following:

I will have 2x 140mm intake in the front of the case. With one 140mm exhaust. Along with the top mounted rad with 3x 120mm exhaust. So it’s two intake with 4 exhaust.

I chose the ML360 because it was the better looking one in my opinion. It’ll be cooling an AMD 3700x - so this may be overkill. But I’d like to keep it as cool as possible.

I’d be willing to return the ML360 and replace it with something else if it’d help with the temperatures (maybe go for a 240 to reduce the potential for negative pressure). Or even mounting the rad to the front and using 120/140mm exhaust at the top. I can also purchase all new fans if I need to, if it’s even worth it.

What would be the most optimal cooling for this case?

Thank you in advance

Solution
Stop worrying about whether you have negative or positive pressure, and ONLY worry about whether there is in fact ADEQUATE AIRFLOW, period. Besides which, negative pressure provides a moderate increase in cooling performance, while positive pressure really only benefits you by providing an environment that resists dust intake. You'll still get some dust intake, but it is much lesser with a positive pressure arrangement.

For people with filtration on their cases, or the means to frequently blow the dust out with compressed air, it's almost not an issue at all although we do like to keep dust out if possible SO finding that EQUAL pressure, or something close to it without going overboard worrying about it, is the sweet spot really for...
Stop worrying about whether you have negative or positive pressure, and ONLY worry about whether there is in fact ADEQUATE AIRFLOW, period. Besides which, negative pressure provides a moderate increase in cooling performance, while positive pressure really only benefits you by providing an environment that resists dust intake. You'll still get some dust intake, but it is much lesser with a positive pressure arrangement.

For people with filtration on their cases, or the means to frequently blow the dust out with compressed air, it's almost not an issue at all although we do like to keep dust out if possible SO finding that EQUAL pressure, or something close to it without going overboard worrying about it, is the sweet spot really for most people.

If you have two 140mm intake fans, then you have PLENTY of ambient airflow coming into the case, and with a rear 140mm exhaust and three 120mm exhaust fans on your radiator, you WILL be leaning towards negative pressure BUT probably not nearly as much as you think because three of those four exhaust fans are going to be struggling against the restriction of the cooling fins on the radiator, so there will be a good deal of static pressure resistance against the ability of those fans to maintain airflow out of the case. That will even things out somewhat.

You should be perfectly fine with that arrangement.

Solution

ArchersWorld

Honorable
Mar 3, 2015

For people with filtration on their cases, or the means to frequently blow the dust out with compressed air, it's almost not an issue at all although we do like to keep dust out if possible SO finding that EQUAL pressure, or something close to it without going overboard worrying about it, is the sweet spot really for most people.

If you have two 140mm intake fans, then you have PLENTY of ambient airflow coming into the case, and with a rear 140mm exhaust and three 120mm exhaust fans on your radiator, you WILL be leaning towards negative pressure BUT probably not nearly as much as you think because three of those four exhaust fans are going to be struggling against the restriction of the cooling fins on the radiator, so there will be a good deal of static pressure resistance against the ability of those fans to maintain airflow out of the case. That will even things out somewhat.

You should be perfectly fine with that arrangement.
Thank you for the quick reply