Aug 7, 2022
Today's morning, I was working on coding something, and suddenly my screen messed up, and music I was playing stuck (repeated single noise). It's like I unplugged my RAM when system is running. I tried to restart, Windows logo displayed, when it disappeared ( normally this should be turned to login interface), after about 15 seconds, there's a "no signal" on my monitor, and motherboard starting blinking orange DRAM led.

My PC setup:

CPU: R5 2600X

GPU: R9 270

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming B450M-PRO S

Memories: 2 slot, one is 16GB and other one is 8GB, they are different brands

This setup has been working fine for a year, the problem just occurred this morning.

- And I tried to reset system, it doesn't work.

- Tried to replug RAM, doesn't work.

- Tried to clean the motherboard dust, doesn't work.

- Tried to use single RAM, doesn't work.

And I tried to enter Windows PE system with my USB drive, my PC could work normally in the WinPE, and checked the CPU-Z, it can detect my RAMs. Checking AIDA64, in the SPD data, I can see the 16gb RAM has a abnormal value, which is DRAM Stepping, it's 0. I'm not sure if this RAM is broken.

I finally decided to unplug the 16GB RAM. After then I installed a new Windows 10 in the PE, surprisingly, it works, and I can enter OS, with my 8GB memories. However, after I tried to install graphics card driver, the PC turned to bad status, with DRAM led blinking like before.
I don't really know what's wrong with it, and have no idea what to do, I'll highly appreciate your options and suggestions<3

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

You're advised to not mix and match sticks of ram. Only work with ram kits, or identical sticks of ram.

Aug 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

You're advised to not mix and match sticks of ram. Only work with ram kits, or identical sticks of ram.

Thanks for replying!
My PSU is about Great Wall HOPE 6000DS, and I bought it in 2019 November, but started to use it in 2021 April.
I tried to use single stick of RAM instead, but problem is still goes on.

Thanks for replying!
My PSU is about Great Wall HOPE 6000DS, and I bought it in 2019 November, but started to use it in 2021 April.
I tried to use single stick of RAM instead, but problem is still goes on.
Just an opinion and this might have nothing to do with the problem.

I would not touch a psu with a 3 year warranty.

Can you borrow a loaner for test?

Aug 7, 2022
Just an opinion and this might have nothing to do with the problem.

I would not touch a psu with a 3 year warranty.

Can you borrow a loaner for test?

Thanks for suggesting, but I don't really think it's PSU's problem, because it has always been worked fine, I guess it's RAMs' issue