What is the purpose of Outlook Express "Main identity".. I have created five
other identities. Can I delete (remove) the "main identity"? Thank you

Good info on identities here:

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

"Bill43" <Bill43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the purpose of Outlook Express "Main identity".. I have created
five
> other identities. Can I delete (remove) the "main identity"? Thank you

It's the first profile created. You can rename it, but before I delete it
I would check it's settings to make sure it isn't required. To manage
Identities - Click File, Identities, Manage Identities. Highlight the
"Main Identity" by a left-click, then the Properties button to the right
side of the management box.

"Bill43" <Bill43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the purpose of Outlook Express "Main identity".. I have created
> five
> other identities. Can I delete (remove) the "main identity"? Thank you

Main Identity is the default used when you first open OE.

Yes, it can be deleted (OE File > Identities > Manage identities).

How OE Stores Your Data
http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#storemain
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Bill43 wrote:
> What is the purpose of Outlook Express "Main identity".. I have created
> five other identities. Can I delete (remove) the "main identity"? Thank
> you

Installer

Distinguished
May 8, 2005

Hello , I have found : after selecting "Main Identity" I have the option to
re-enter the account name for that perticular E-Mail account . Do this for
each account and select "Main Identity" . Enter the name of that account
again . After completing this for each account , the E-Mail program will then
open the account name you choose which will appear in the "From bar "
automaticaly . If you do not , click on "Main Identity" you cannot not
re-enter the account name . Then no matter what E-Mail account you open , the
name in the "From" bar will always display your "Primary account" name .
KD