Question Overclocking GPU. Need some help[Beginner]

May 4, 2019
So I have been playing around with Core clock and memory clock and a little bit of Voltage in msi afterburner.
I increased core clock to +210 after time, I've done a bunch of testing and no problems, if I go over +215 in benchmarks it closes down and the same with the kombustor.
A few artifacts in games if I reach +220. I have my M.Clock on +350 no problems there, and voltage on +30(probably don't even need to increase it.) And temps only reaching 65c.

Fps in games around 60-100+. Sometimes 45-50 in big cities. :/

But my Mhz just keeps going down and up all the time and I am wondering if I can keep it around 2000+mhz at all times?
Highest it goes to is like 2066mhz on fpsmonitor in games and benchmarks.

I'm using GTX 1070.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019
You’re most likely hitting the max for your core clock. And increasing in increments of 5 in afterburner will only show real world MHz increase by 15mhz increase at a time. And the fluctuation you see it from the gpu automatically boosting core clock in relation to core temps. Try turning your fans on max and seeing how that helps. Also you should realistically beable to reach around a 1000mhz increase in mem clock speed.

Also, if you theoretically type in 200+ on core clock and see it hitting say 2025mhz, then type I. 210, and it’s still at 2025mhz, then type in 215 and get 2040mhz then you know that was the incremental jump in clock speed, but if you type in215 and still see 2025mhz, then that is probably your cap as increase in afterburner is not giving real world increase in clock speed anymore. Hope this helps.