Question Owners of Radeon 6700XT - What is the quietest Radeon 6700 XT? are they quiet in general? I'm looking for practically inaudible if that is possible?

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
I'm looking to buy a Radeon 6700XT as they're the same price pretty much as my RTX 3060. I'm planning to sell the 3060 afterwards as they sell for a very similar price still.
I have the MSI GAMING X TRIO 3060 and it's practically inaudible. Well it is.. I can't hear it at all in my Fractal R4. Zero sound even when gaming.
I was wondering if there are any other cards that are that quiet at 100% load for that series?

Can’t say for sure but you may check out the red devil cards. They might cost more but I think they have a bios switch where you can pick stock or oc bios. But the heatsink on those cards is huge, which I would think leads to better cooling.

You may also look at the 6750xt if the price is similar. Should be a small bump in performance.

Reactions: mossi
If you want quiet, I hope that you have a large case because the quietest cards are the big triple-fan monsters. Those things can be over 30cm in length and there are a lot of cases that can't fit them.

Something like the XFX RX 6700 XT Speedster SWFT would be a good choice:
41Gcn+794SS.jpg

Reactions: mossi

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
If you want quiet, I hope that you have a large case because the quietest cards are the big triple-fan monsters. Those things can be over 30cm in length and there are a lot of cases that can't fit them.

Something like the XFX RX 6700 XT Speedster SWFT would be a good choice:
41Gcn+794SS.jpg

I have a Fractal Design R4 so plenty of space :)
My current one is a 3 fan monster and it does take up a ton of space admitedly!

Reactions: Avro Arrow

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
I have a Yeston 6800XT and it's quite silent even under heavy load (as heavy as playing in 1080p 60FPS could be). Granted, your mileage may vary, what I consider "silent" might be too loud for you. Mine's installed in a generic Chinese case without any kind of sound dampening and it's still comfortably silent.

My logic being a 6700XT should be less demanding than a 6800XT so it should be quieter.

EDIT : GamersNexus has a video review of the 6700XT version of the GPU, well, what luck.