Jack64

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I started this build with an Intel DX58SO MB, lasted about 2 days before faliur to post issues forced me to send it back, I now have a Asus P6T deluxe and here is what I have:

Asus P6T deluxe MB

Intel I7 920 cpu

Thermalright Extreme 120 CPU Cooler

Thremaltake toughpower 1000w PSU

Corsair DDR3 Pc 12800 6 Gigs

Seagate 500mb Sata hd

EVGA GTX 295 Video Card

Samsung dvd ramdrive Burner

Liteon dvd Burner w/litescibe

Icage to move my hdd to the 5.25 bays so my VC would fit

Armor+mx case

I just ordered a CoolerMaster HAF 932 from Newegg, this should help some with moving the air

I was wondering what I need to do to OC this system for a stable but fast system, this systen sits in my garage with Little AC or heating so it will be at whatever the temp is outside meaning if it is 100 degrees outside, thats the temp in my garage, if it is 8 degrees outside....thats the temp in my garage.

I will have a window AC refrigerated air in the summer...but it is marginal might knock the temp down to 90 on a 100 degree day, but should I leave it as is or oc??? My last system lasted 2 yrs and is still running in my sons box it was a core2quad 2.66 ghz with a 8800 GTX VC in it.

I am not sure if I should OC it or leave it stock so I don't have to worry about it. I got a 16380 on 3DMark06. is This ok???

Jack64

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Thank you sir....most appreciated, in reading my previous post I realize I didn't ask the question right, sorry about that.....what I ment to say is in the enviroment it will be in should I OC it or leave it stock....sorry for being idiotic, please bear with me....I build systems for friends and family and I guess good at it, but usually do not OC as a rule, but this new system seems to beg for it and was just curious if in the enviroment it will be in should I???? Thanks Jack

halcyon

Splendid
You absolutely don't need to OC the i7 920 to get great performance. Its quite quick just as it is stock.

...but a slight OC won't hurt and can give you 965 performance or better. You don't have turn turn it up to 4Ghz. Go mild with 3.2ghz and it'll still blow you away.

However, if you want to leave it @ stock you'll still have a fast rig.

The i7 is just fast. Period.

Did I mention the i7 920 is just fast?