[Paint] Spray Primer

Just was wondering if anybody knows a good brand of spray primer other than
GW chaos black. Thanks in Advance

"trakad" <trakad@cox.net> wrote in message
> Just was wondering if anybody knows a good brand of spray primer other
than
> GW chaos black. Thanks in Advance

I asked this very same question a while ago, and with that advice and my own
experimentation I would suggest you stick with GW black primer. The three
brands of matte black spray paint I tried all blurred enough detail on the
minis to be noticeable with the naked eye. Yeah, its not cheap, but it does
what they say it does.

drgrbek

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:59:28 -0600, "trakad" <trakad@cox.net> wrote:

>Just was wondering if anybody knows a good brand of spray primer other than
>GW chaos black. Thanks in Advance

I shall now commit heresy to the entire hobby...

If you're near a Wal-Mart, go check out their paint section, in the
home improvement area. There is some Krylon spray that works great as
a primer, exactly like GW paints. You can get black, white, an
off-red that's great for Berzerkers or a base for Blood Angels, grey,
and a plethora of other colors. Check the various lines. Krylon has
a camo spray line that has matte colors such as khaki, medium green,
dark green, and black. These are great for priming figures, if you
just follow the normal precautions of priming figures.
-Erik

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea trakad said

> Just was wondering if anybody knows a good brand of spray primer other
> than GW chaos black. Thanks in Advance

Generally this question from a noob generates into an argument with some
complete numbnuts about what a primer actually is.

Not knowing where in the world you are the best advice I can give you is to
go to your closest model shop and look at what they have available.
Personally I use Tamiya fine gray primer which is brilliant. It covers
well and it never cause orange peeling on plastics. Gray is also the new
black and the new white.
--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.