[SOLVED] Palit GTX 970 dropping major frames in games

Jul 13, 2019
Hi, I'm currently having some issues with my graphics card with major frame drops and freezing, I don't know much about pc settings or making sure to get the most out of graphics cards, everything in my setup is in stock/default state havent done any overclocking or BIOS changes, have the most recent gpu driver installed, does anyone have a solution or ways to find out whats wrong?

Specs:
CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
Cpu cooler- coolermaster masterliquid lite 120
RAM: G.Skill Value DDR4 2400MHz 8GB (2x4gb) Dual Channel
MOBO- Asrock B450M-HDV
PSU- 600W Forton FSP600-80EMDN
NVME- 128GB ZTC M.2

Games affected:
Fortnite
CS:GO
Minecraft
Apex

Thank you in advance and will happily supply more information if needed

Jan 9, 2019
What is the CPU temp at load? The CPU could possibly be going into the Thermal Throttle mode.
Power Supply could also be the issue. I would start with the Temps first. AMD is know to run hot especially on stock CPU coolers.

Jul 13, 2019
What is the CPU temp at load? The CPU could possibly be going into the Thermal Throttle mode.
Power Supply could also be the issue. I would start with the Temps first. AMD is know to run hot especially on stock CPU coolers.
CPU at load is at 27.00 degrees Celsius also using CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO

Jul 13, 2019
Store assistants aren’t great, they’ll probably just point your to DDR4.
Best way to do that is look for your motherboard on the manufacturers website for the supported list and look for product codes of the ram you want.
Just checked the motherboards ram support and the best choice is the
16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT PC4-24000 3000MHz Dual Memory Kit (2 x 8GB)