I downloaded new microsoft updates and now every time I turn on my computer
it asks for a password before it starts up,it never used to do that, and also
my pretty blue windows xp welcome screen is gone also. Any help would be
greatly appericated.

ShawnM

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2003

If I am not mistaken, with the new security updates, it is now defaulted to
do that. not sure if you can turn it off though :( Supposed to make it a
little more secure to the outside world