Password removal for vista

G

Hello,
i want to remove the password in all the accounts but i cant .
anyone?

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
go to:

[ control panel/ User accounts and family safety/ user accounts/ ]

then look around...
i dont have a password on my computer, but i think it should say somthing like "Remove Password."

bmathews

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.

Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.

3. Click on the User Accounts link.

4. In the Make changes to your user account area of the User Accounts window, click the Remove your password link.

5. In the text box on the next screen, enter your current password.

6. Click the Remove Password button to confirm that you'd like to remove your account password.

7. You can now close the User Accounts window.

8. Now that your Windows Vista account password has been deleted, you will no longer need to log on to Windows Vista when your computer starts. Windows will now load all the way to your desktop automatically.

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

G

The "Windows Outreach Team" likes to help posters by reposting previous answers without any additional information. I've never seen them answer a question first. It's another PR move by MS.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Ha that's funny. Glad I only buy oem versions, as I rarely if ever need tech support from Microsoft. Last time I had to call them was to help b/c a copy of windows didn't want to activate on a customers laptop...note was using the number physically on the bottom...hhmm....lol. When windows wages war too much, reformat....I win.

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
The "Windows Outreach Team" likes to help posters by reposting previous answers without any additional information. I've never seen them answer a question first. It's another PR move by MS.

the only one i've ever see help anyone is cassandraf_winteam

all the others seem to be useless...