Question PC Artifacts when gaming/Random reboots

Jan 26, 2022
So over the past 2 months iv been trying to figure out what the problem is with My pc, When I load up stressful games like Cold war/Forza 4 Sometimes I can play it for a whole 5 hours and nothing happens, other times I load it up and boom the pc <Mod Edit> itself. Mostly the game just crashes with no artifacts, Or I get a black screen back to the desktop, Or if my pc really wants to do me dirty, It crashes the game, then artifacts on the desktop, Stops me from using my mouse n keyboard then just reboots itself. Also Everytime I turn on the PC it always boots into the bios but I don't think that has anything to do with the random <Mod Edit>.

Did have my CPU overclocked which is now running stock with the ram aswell.

I have a feeling it's something to do with the graphics card, On rare occasions when the pc black screens the audio loops for a bit.

Specs: i7-6700k
GeForce 1050ti
Motherboard Asus Z170-P-D3
Corsair vengeance DDR3
Windows 10

Any help will do also running the system in XMP atm with the same issues.

All drivers are up-to-date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Replace graphics card. It's dead.
Overheating/overclocking is usually the cause for this.

BTW - what are model names for your ram modules? Use CPU-Z to find model names.
i7-6700k officially supports 1.35V DDR3L (not 1.5V DDR3). Running DDR3 with XMP enabled ( 1.65V) will damage CPU memory controller.
So - you definitely should not enable XMP.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022
Replace graphics card. It's dead.
Overheating/overclocking is usually the cause for this.

BTW - what are model names for your ram modules? Use CPU-Z to find model names.
i7-6700k officially supports 1.35V DDR3L (not 1.5V DDR3). Running DDR3 with XMP enabled ( 1.65V) will damage CPU memory controller.
So - you definitely should not enable XMP.

I did over clock my GPU a little nothing to do with the voltage tho. Haven't had the overclock on for about a month n Oh didn't know that, Was about to type in the model names but my pc just reset itself, now it's having trouble getting past the windows starting screen before crashing. Iv turned all the bios settings to normal. But before this I was playing Forza for like 7 hours straight with no problems. I took a quick pic of the ram info.

Jan 26, 2022
Well, that is absolutely horrifying. You were overclocking on this for two months? That PSU is of the level of quality I wouldn't have felt comfortable running at stock for two minutes.
I mean I was free and I was on a budget 😂 Honestly tho I think the CPU is fine, Gotta be the graphics card right because when it crashes it lose signal to the monitor but come back + The artifacts on games