Question PC Blue Screening When Connecting to wifi

Xavierol1

Reputable
May 1, 2020
My PC has only been doing this since I moved house, it starts up fine and whatever but when I try to connect to the wifi it blue screens with DPC_Watchdog_Violation. Now I've gone and bought a new wifi dongle (D-Link AC1900) as I thought it was that but it has only made it worse. I played all night last night without any issues but today I can't even watch a youtube video without it crashing 5 minutes in. The computer runs fine if I don't touch the internet bar in the taskbar but as soon as I do <Mod Edit> breaks loose. The internet is working fine on all my other devices so I have no idea what it could be. If worst comes to worst I can full reset my computer but I'd rather not.

I can answer any questions you have if it's going to help, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My PC has only been doing this since I moved house, it starts up fine and whatever but when I try to connect to the wifi it blue screens with DPC_Watchdog_Violation. Now I've gone and bought a new wifi dongle (D-Link AC1900) as I thought it was that but it has only made it worse. I played all night last night without any issues but today I can't even watch a youtube video without it crashing 5 minutes in. The computer runs fine if I don't touch the internet bar in the taskbar but as soon as I do <Mod Edit> breaks loose. The internet is working fine on all my other devices so I have no idea what it could be. If worst comes to worst I can full reset my computer but I'd rather not.

run cmd as admin and run sfc /scannow

Reactions: Xavierol1

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

this error generally occurs due to old or wrong driver. So try updating your wifi drivers or try it reinstall.