[SOLVED] PC Crashing Need Help Troubleshooting.

Xulfin

Prominent
Sep 13, 2020
I'm posting this today due to over 20 crashes recently on my 50 day old system. I recently built this system and it is my first gaming computer.

Specs:
MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX X570F
CPU: AMD R5 3600
GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080
MEMORY: Corsair Vengence 16GB (2 Sticks of 8GB) 3600MHZ (On DOCP profile in BIOS)
STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
(I also have a corsair AIO for CPU cooling and have my CPU fan set to ignore in my BIOS to allow me to boot)

After building I experienced about one BSOD each day during use. I never noticed a specific time or reason for the blue screen such as a certain program or certain time after boot. I then reset windows around 20 days ago. This seemed to solve the problem but only made the blue screens become blank crashes. By this I mean that my audio would freeze in a loop of the last bit of sound played, my display would freeze, and any sound that would be playing after the freeze would stop. It will do this for about 6 seconds and then blackout. A forced reboot ensues and then my PC boots into windows just fine.

I have noticed that the broad amount of my crashes are due to launching a game. Specifically, Modern Warfare. It seems as though every time I launch the game, It will crash withing 2 minutes of launch. It will then follow the previously listed components of the crash and restart my PC. After restart, it seems as though because the computer never fully turned off as indicated by the prevalence of RGB staying on and the automatic restart, the game will somehow fix itself and be fine the next time I launch during the time by PC in on directly after crash. This is the main reason of crash (I assume) but it will still sometimes crash during basic use such as google or even desktop. I have tried lots of basic and simple troubleshooting but nothing has solved the problem. I hope someone on this thread with more knowledge on the subject could help me out.

Thanks!

Solution
What kind of PSU do you use? First step of troubleshooting, check the physical stuff, cables, PSU does it have enough juice, a 400 W PSU will certainly not power your system. Next step, start your PC in safe mode. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode Check if it still crashes. Check your Windows version are there issues with the current Windows version? Check your drivers to be up to date, this includes BIOS. Most problems can be eliminated like this.

Also check your pc power settings -> Control panel -> power options
Sep 13, 2020
What kind of PSU do you use? First step of troubleshooting, check the physical stuff, cables, PSU does it have enough juice, a 400 W PSU will certainly not power your system. Next step, start your PC in safe mode. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode Check if it still crashes. Check your Windows version are there issues with the current Windows version? Check your drivers to be up to date, this includes BIOS. Most problems can be eliminated like this.

Also check your pc power settings -> Control panel -> power options

Solution

Xulfin

Prominent
Sep 13, 2020
My PC only crashes about once a day so would safe mode be kind of difficult to troubleshoot in? Also, my psu is 750w and my bios and gpu drivers are on the latest version.

Sep 13, 2020
That should be sufficient juice.
Check your logs, you can access them by typing computer management (admin rights) in windows search event viewer and look for critical errors.