Question Pc crashing to black screen when playing games

Sep 14, 2023
i've been chasing this issue for over 2 years now where when i play a game after about 5 minutes my pc crashes to a black screen and tries to boot itself again but fails to do so, so i have to hold the power button down and reboot that way, event viewer only gives me kernel error 41, and reliability history only gives me a1000005 code and i can't seem to find any solution to it online.

Things i've done:
Replaced PSU
Replaced Every cable in my pc
Replaced CPU
Replaced GPU
Replaced AIO Cooler
Replaced GPU
Replaced Motherboard
Replaced RAM
Reinstalled windows
Removed old drivers with DDU
Undervolted Ram
Underclocked GPU
Underclocked CPU
Updated Bios
There's probably more but this has been going on so long i wouldn't remember everything.

Temps on CPU sit around 60-65 while gaming and GPU sits at around 60-70

I've ran out of things to try and honestly i don't know where to go from here

System specs:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: ROG STRIX 6900xt
MOBO:ROG STRIX X570-e Gaming Wifi II
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz 2x 32GB
PSU:GIGABYTE UD1000GM Modular (1000W)
COOLER: KRAKEN 360 AIO RGB
STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB NVME SSD
BOOT DRIVE 2TB Samsung 870 SSD

Ralston18

Titan
Do all games and/or apps crash the build? Or just certain games - if so, what games?

This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...WEB.pdf?model=ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II

Verify that I found the applicable User Guide.

Any Q-Codes or Q-LEDs per Page 1-20?

Wondering about the need to push the power button to reboot.

Re-read the motherboard's User Guide and doublecheck that all connections, card, RAM, jumpers, and case connection are both correct and fully/firmly in place....

Pay close attention to all fine print, warnings, caveats etc. Visit the motherboards website for more up-to-date information.

Also list all devices connected to the PC and how they are connected. Include power cords, surge protectors etc.

With all that has been done, my thought is that there is some error of omission or commission in the way that the PC was built.

Hopefully just some small oversight or mis-understanding that can be corrected.

= = = =

As for the 1000005 error I found this link:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/pc-crashing-to-black-screen-when-playing-games.3848921/

Note the post at the bottom.