Reputable
Aug 10, 2016
CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.6 GHz (1.35V)

GPU: RTX 2060 Super @ +130 core clock and +600 memory clock

MOBA: GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

RAM: 8GBx2 DDR4 2666

CPU cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO

PSU: Corsair 650W 80plus

When I play high demanding games like ASC:ODYSSEY, SoT, COD:MW and etc. the PC crashes after about 30 mins with a stuck sound playing and eventually stopping, the screen freezes as well. The only thing I can do is to just restart the PC. I can play League Of Legends for 3 hours straight and nothing crashes, everything's just fine.

My CPU temps while gaming (High-demanding games) are 70-78 and GPU temps are 58-65. So cooling is fine I guess. My PSU is about 5 years old. My guess is that the PSU is not competent enough for my upgraded build (recently bought the RTX card, new CPU cooler and overclocked cpu and gpu). Before installing the new GPU my old build was just fine, never crashed.

Honestly, I don't know what's actually the problem.

EDIT: I have to clarify, the PC does not crash randomly, only when running heavy programs, games, software.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020
Please check your Event Viewer in Windows for a dwm.exe error, filter your viewer on the right side by "Error, Critical, Warning"

EDIT: Also note that I have the same brand (Corsair) but a CX600m model PSU with the same issues, and I believe it's my PSU too.

CX models of Corsair PSU's are known to be cheap, budget PSU's that are prone to failure.

CX models of Corsair PSU's are known to be cheap, budget PSU's that are prone to failure.

Really? Do tell.....

When I play high demanding games like ASC:ODYSSEY, SoT, COD:MW and etc. the PC crashes after about 30 mins with a stuck sound playing and eventually stopping, the screen freezes as well. The only thing I can do is to just restart the PC. I can play League Of Legends for 3 hours straight and nothing crashes, everything's just fine.

That's not a PSU issue.

Jun 29, 2020
I apologize it's not like it's a fact or anything just from what I've read over the past few days here and on reddit and other forums for PC hardware, they all say the CX models of Corsair PSU's with Green/White lettering are low-mid end PSU's that aren't made for high-end gaming PC's, there's probably different models of Corsair that are superior to the CX models but as far as I've read they are the low end of the PSU stick for Corsair, maybe I'm wrong, not trying to be a know it all or anything.

Also note I have a Corsair case and Corsair Vengeance RAM so I'm not against the brand at all - they make some of the best computer components.

Iamnewtotech

Reputable
Aug 10, 2016
I apologize it's not like it's a fact or anything just from what I've read over the past few days here and on reddit and other forums for PC hardware, they all say the CX models of Corsair PSU's with Green/White lettering are low-mid end PSU's that aren't made for high-end gaming PC's, there's probably different models of Corsair that are superior to the CX models but as far as I've read they are the low end of the PSU stick for Corsair, maybe I'm wrong, not trying to be a know it all or anything.

Also note I have a Corsair case and Corsair Vengeance RAM so I'm not against the brand at all - they make some of the best computer components.
To be exact my PSU is a Corsair VS650 650W

If it's not the PSU, what then could it be? I have no clue