[SOLVED] PC does not power on right away if it has been turned off for a day tor two.

shinhosuck1973

Reputable
Oct 30, 2018
PC SPECS:
Board: Asus A58M-E
CPU: AMD A8 7600
GPU:Nvidia GT730
RAM: 8GB

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question. If it's not, sorry, and please guide me to the right forum. I have an annoying issue with my old PC. If it has been off for a day or two, it does not power on right away. I have to push the power button several times and then eventually powers on. While the PC has been on for a while, powering off and restarting with power button,there isn't any issue at all. It starts right away. So my question is what could be the cause of PC not powering on right away when it has been off for a day or two? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

Solution
what could be the cause of PC not powering on right away when it has been off for a day or two?
With essentially no-name PSU, it could be any reason why your PC doesn't turn on right away after being shut off for several days.

But if you want to get logical answer then look at your PSU as a car engine: if car engine is warm (heated up), it works at it's best. If the engine is cold, it doesn't operate at best efficiency. While proper PSUs doesn't need any "warming up period", your PSU might have that "kink" to it.
In any event, it is really bad idea to use such "special" PSU.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
what could be the cause of PC not powering on right away when it has been off for a day or two?
With essentially no-name PSU, it could be any reason why your PC doesn't turn on right away after being shut off for several days.

But if you want to get logical answer then look at your PSU as a car engine: if car engine is warm (heated up), it works at it's best. If the engine is cold, it doesn't operate at best efficiency. While proper PSUs doesn't need any "warming up period", your PSU might have that "kink" to it.
In any event, it is really bad idea to use such "special" PSU.

Solution