MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Recently, whenever I boot up my PC in the morning, the fans are noisy. Restarting the PC fixes that for the rest of the day. How do I fix this? I don't wanna go through the process of restarting my PC every morning :(

Specs:

MSI Gaming Z 1070 core clock

i7 6800k - no OC

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4

SSDs: Samsung 860 Evo and pro

Motherboard: MSI X99a Raider

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
You mean the fan parmenently does speed up ?
Seems like it until I restart.

Here's the scenario.

At the start of the day, I turn on my PC, and the fan sounds like it's going full speed. Then I turn off my PC, wait a bit, and then turn on my PC and the noise is gone for the rest of the day.
Next day, the same thing happens.

Feb 1, 2022
Maybe mobo fan's controller (MOSFet) is faulty intermittently. In term of technical engineering we call it MOSFET'S CURRENT LEAKAGE.
1)You told me you did enabled smart fan...theres another options to control the fan speed. Look for fans profile. Select SILENT. This way tje bios will force the fan running at low speed.

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Maybe mobo fan's controller (MOSFet) is faulty intermittently. In term of technical engineering we call it MOSFET'S CURRENT LEAKAGE.
1)You told me you did enabled smart fan...theres another options to control the fan speed. Look for fans profile. Select SILENT. This way tje bios will force the fan running at low speed.
Sorry, I can't find any profiles for MSI click bios 5.

Feb 1, 2022
Try software control. Software control must be done after fully bootup. If cant solve it anyway, mobo replacement is the only choice.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
If it's indeed motherboard fan controller out of whck you can get a 3rd party fan controller.

Although if a motherboard component (SMD) is causing trouble the board might fail some time in the future sooner than it's MTBF.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I didn't talk about performance. There is probably an external underlying cause for the SMD failure other than the SMD being a dud. We don't know the PSU and even if it's a good one it is possible for it can be faulty. If that's the case then "the board might fail some time in the future sooner than it's MTBF."

Feb 1, 2022
what i meant of performance is, all the functionallity of the mobo exept fan controller. It could be smd's or bios. Because bios also can send command to the fan controllers.
Also goto bios and look for fan mode options. Pwm or dc ? Select pwm.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Yes if that is in fact the case (broken fan controller component) the board would function normally as it is doing right now apparently.

If that failed component had an underlying cause (unknown to the user) which resulted in it failing and that keeps going (unknown an dunresolved) it might strike again. Most probably the board would be fine and work as it should for a long time. That's what I meant.

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Update: So fan speed is actually fine. I've been told that there might be dust in the fan bearings that could have caused the noise so I got rid of the dust inside PC. I'll check again tomorrow.

TRENDING THREADS