Question PC freezes randomly during a game.

Jul 5, 2024
Hi, recently, my computer has been freezing while loading in a game. It freezes in any game, not just a specific game. Every time it freezes, my whole screen is stuck except for my mouse cursor. I can move the mouse cursor as normal but I can't click on anything. I can't use my keyboard to open up task manager or anything but I can still hear the audio of what was playing in the background. I would hold my power button for a forced shutdown, which crashes my computer, forcing me to load optimized settings and reboot through the bios screen. I checked my hard drive health, and they are all healthy. I even bought new ram but that didn't fix the issue. I updated my windows, GPU drivers and it is still crashing. It's not every time I load a game either, it happens 1/5 games or so. So some times the game runs completely normal and then the next game, my whole PC freezes. Please let me know if you guys have any idea. Thank you so much. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Specs:
CPU: Intel 9900K
Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Ultra
Memory:Corsair Vengeance 64Gb (4x16) DDR4-3600
Storage: Seagate 3 TB HD, Samsung860 Evo 1TB (SSD), Crucial 1TB (NVME)
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti
PSU: Corsair RM850x

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 5, 2024
be careful with selecting load optimized settings.
that may be an overclocking profile,
your processor does not need to be at highest performance,
there may be bios updates on this.
look for load default basic settings.
I have them to default basic settings when I reboot. The only thing I ever had on was xmp for my RAM. Even when I had it off it would still freeze, and now I tuned it down and it still also freeze.