Aug 1, 2022
SPECS
CPU:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (GIGABYTE AORUS)
RAM: 2x 16GB DDR4-3200 Corsair XMP Enabled
MAINBOARD: X570 AORUS ULTRA
DRIVES: TOSHIBA HDWD130 (3TB), WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (1TB), Samsung SSD 970 EVO (500GB)

Hello,

as stated in the title, my PC freezes somewhat randomly, but it mostly happended after tabbing out of a game and my PC running for about 20-30 minutes. I recently installed Windows 11 on my PC doing a complete reset, formatting all drives, so its basically a new/fresh system which shouldn't have any complications. I didn't have this issue before resetting and upgrading my Windows.

When the freeze starts i can still move my cursor, upon pressing ctrl+alt+del to get into task manager the cursor even shows the loading circle. Another thing, which actually didn't occur at every freeze but for most of them, was a deep beeping sound played on my headset/speakers when clicking a mouse button.
I also can't turn my PC off when it's in this freeze state, i have to disconnect power or do a long press on my power button (for a forced shutdown i guess). After restarting then, the problems seems to be gone, it atleast didn't occur even after many hours, but somehow comes back the next day.

I've read many articles about very similar or even the exact same problems, everyone of them with completely different PC specs and a different Windows version, but sadly none of them found a straight forward fix to this problem. I hope i can get this issue resolved with the help of this community :)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I recently installed Windows 11 on my PC doing a complete reset, formatting all drives, so its basically a new/fresh system which shouldn't have any complications.
Where did you source the installer for your OS?

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for your SSD, might want to see if you're able to check and see if there's any firmware updates pending. Speaking of BIOS, can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

Aug 1, 2022
Hey,

I got the Windows 11 iso file directly from Microsoft.
My PSU is beQuiet! 750 Watt Straight Power 11 Modular 80+ Gold and all parts are nearly 2 years old.

BIOS-Version/-Date: American Megatrends International, LLC. F35, 04.01.2022
SMBIOS-Version: 3.3
And yes, i can get into BIOS easily and remain in there without any problems.

My main SSD firmware is up to date, but my second SSD with some games isn't. I tried installing the newest version with the Western Digital Dashboard but it just says firmware update failed. I don't know if the SSD is the problem because my PC reset was about 2 weeks ago, so the issue should've been there before, right?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS