Question PC Freezing while gaming suddenly and rebooting itself

Feb 11, 2022
So this has started happening in the past week or so. Has never been an issue before. When booted in the morning it will run smoothly for a couple of hours even when gaming and then if I close one game and then play something else or watch youtube videos etc. the screen freezes and the PC will reboot. Doing normal tasks like web browsing seems to be fine though.

I have tried resetting my PC thinking it was a software issue but I am now thinking it might be hardware; specifically my PSU. I have my error logs that windows has gave me. Link to ZIP with error logs here. Just want to know what the issue is ASAP incase I need to start saving up money to replace something.

PC Specs:

Windows 10 Home
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.6GHz
16 RAM DDR4
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME A320M-K (AM4)

Feb 11, 2022
I've noticed this showing up a lot at the same time the PC crash occurs..

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
CMDre 00000008 00003ffc ffffffff 00000007 00ffffff

Feb 11, 2022
Sorry for posting frequently, just finding out a lot more stuff.

I was advised to download WhoCrashed to analyse my dump files and this is what it says

On Wed 09/02/2022 15:53:44 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020922-7828-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: amdppm.sys (amdppm+0x2ec7)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8055D8FB320, 0x0)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\amdppm.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Processor Device Driver
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

On Wed 09/02/2022 15:53:44 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x7f6783)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8055D8FB320, 0x0)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdig.inf_amd64_4ef17f85da2b0fa5\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.65
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.65
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.65 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 511.65 , NVIDIA Corporation)