Feb 27, 2020
I haven't used my PC for about 2 months because I moved, now my PC is really slow FPS wise. Does anyone know what the Problem might be?

the reason this is weird is that before I have used the exact same PC for months before I moved. And back then I used to get consistent 180fps on games such as Fortnite and a comfortable 240+ fps on csgo on comp settings. I know my cpu is technically bottlenecking but it still worked.

My Pc Specs:
RTX 2060
16gb RAM
Cpu: i5-4440
and like the usual SSD and HDD

The thing is that my games aren't just lagging. My fps is fine for a second and then spikes down to the '40-'60s and then just keeps spiking up and down so it is really unplayable. I just really want to know what's wrong because people told me it was my CPU. The thing with that is that I've used it before with no lag and now it is literally unplayable just 2 months later.
Any help is appreciated!

Solution
Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

You might want to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall them using the latest off of Nvidia's support site. Install the drivers manually, in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Check and see which BIOS version you're currently on and which version of the OS your platform is powering off of. Include the age of the PSU as well.

Lutfij

Titan
Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

You might want to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall them using the latest off of Nvidia's support site. Install the drivers manually, in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Check and see which BIOS version you're currently on and which version of the OS your platform is powering off of. Include the age of the PSU as well.

Solution