Question PC is rebooting over and over

tommy13434

Prominent
Jan 25, 2021
So I have a PC that I built 6 or so months ago that has been working fine until recently. It has been rebooting over and over again (I can access BIOS with no restarts though). So I have been through most of the troubleshooting tips:

1. I first tried to do the Windows way where you turn off automatic restarts, that did nothing.

2. I then decided to reinstall Windows, which did nothing and it kept restarting.

3. I then thought the RAM was the problem, cleaned the contacts, and swapped them around, and it did nothing.

4. I then thought it was the power supply (since I bought a cheap one at first EVGA 700W it was like $75.00) and got a high-quality 800w Corsair one (non-CX). That did nothing to stop the restarts.

5. I then completely wiped the hard drive of windows and tried to install Linux, this did nothing.

6. I then took out my motherboard battery for a bit and put it back in to reset the CMOS, this did nothing.

I am at a loss of what is wrong. Now there is no OS on the hard drive as nothing works.

PC specs:

AMD 3700X cpu
RTX 2070 super
Corsair RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified
CORSAIR ddr4 16gb (8x2) ram 3200mhz
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard

tommy13434

Prominent
Jan 25, 2021
So I did forget to add I had a ssd in it which I thought also was the problem until I swapped it out today with a new one and tried to boot to windows again on the new drive. Still same problem sadly.

tommy13434

Prominent
Jan 25, 2021
Both ram sticks seem fine I did what you said but no matter what it still keeps crashing and rebooting . Bios says the ram is working however. I checked the gpu as well and I reseated it inside the case as well as blowed the dust out but it seemed to be working as well. I attempted to install Ubuntu and I got some processor error codes

tommy13434

Prominent
Jan 25, 2021
You only swapped the RAM? Maybe try one stick at a time and see what happens. The next culprit would be the GPU, as it might cause reboots (I have been there once).
So I got my hands on some RAM and that did not solve the rebooting. I have noticed some graphics glitches such as slight lagging and things like that. It might be the GPU.