[SOLVED] PC Keeps Restarting After New CPU upgrade (AMD Ryzen)

Mar 30, 2022
I upgraded my PC Yesterday from a AMD Ryzen 2600 to a Ryzen 5600g. The PC keeps booting up no problem but when it overclocks automatically its black screens and restarts. Following is the Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
MSi B450M Motherboard
12GB Ram DDR4
480GB M.2 SSD
2TB Harddrive
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 6GB Tuf Gaming (OC Edition)
Corsair PSU VS450 (450w PSU)
Windows 10 Pro.

The PC used to Auto overclock the Ryzen 2600 to 3.9Ghz no problem
But when the CPU Auto Overclocks on the Ryzen 5600g to 4,6Ghz its crashing . I had to limited it to 4.4ghz

What should be the Cause of this problem ? Motherboard is on it newest BIOS drivers is updated.

Solution
I upgraded my PC Yesterday from a AMD Ryzen 2600 to a Ryzen 5600g. The PC keeps booting up no problem but when it overclocks automatically its black screens and restarts. Following is the Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
MSi B450M Motherboard
12GB Ram DDR4
480GB M.2 SSD
2TB Harddrive
Windows 10 Pro.

But when the CPU Auto Overclocks on the Ryzen 5600g to 4,6Ghz its crashing . I had to limited it to 4.4ghz

What should be the Cause of this problem ? Motherboard is on it newest BIOS drivers is updated.
common issues when replacing cpus on windows, PSU could be the culprit, but you could
try...

AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
MSi B450M Motherboard
12GB Ram DDR4
480GB M.2 SSD
2TB Harddrive
Windows 10 Pro.

Did you update the bios to support the cpu?
And did you clear the clear the bios info when installing the new cpu to clear the old cpu,I'd from system registery

AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
MSi B450M Motherboard
12GB Ram DDR4
480GB M.2 SSD
2TB Harddrive
Windows 10 Pro.

common issues when replacing cpus on windows, PSU could be the culprit, but you could
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (no safe mode needed, clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Driver in Control Panel (skip if there is none)

• Restart the pc to bios, and downgrade the bios to the one that uses Agesa 1.2.0.3 (or the latest bios but not above 1.2.0.3, anything below AGESA 1.2.0.4, 1.2.0.5, 1.2.0.6). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings and enable xmp.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver here, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (drivers, also the one on highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution
Mar 30, 2022
see
So you need to look up a stable turbo mode volts and preset them in the bios oslts self the bios isn't regulating the volts to the cpu right in turbo auto power settings

See im running the Automatic OC on it which means the CPU itself boost to 4.6ghz but if i just try to overclock to say 4,4ghz its restarts it doesnt freeze up for nothing im just starting to think maybe my PSU its to small

Mar 30, 2022
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (no safe mode needed, clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Driver in Control Panel (skip if there is none)

• Restart the pc to bios, and downgrade the bios to the one that uses Agesa 1.2.0.3 (or the latest bios but not above 1.2.0.3, anything below AGESA 1.2.0.4, 1.2.0.5, 1.2.0.6). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings and enable xmp.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver here, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (drivers, also the one on highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
Thanks will try to do this and check