[SOLVED] Pc keeps shutting down when running a game

Jul 8, 2020
My Pc will run games past the menu's but once it has to load into the actual game it instantly crashes and the PC shuts down. Dr. Debug flashes a decent amount of codes but none of them stay just like a normal boot. It runs things like firefox and youtube fine its just when gaming it starts to have problems. The problem has been getting worse over time, I did dust it out and it seemed to help for a bit but other than that temps seem fine. Should I take it to a PC place to get a diag ran on it? All my parts are around 7ish years old except for the GPU so Im thinking either a fault in the GPU, RAM or PSU. Im leaning towards PSU since its 7 years old.

System I7 3770K, asrock z77 extreme 4, corsair vengeance 8 gb ram, Corsair HX 750 modular power supply, MSI 1070 gpu, noctua 120mm cpu cooler.

Last edited:
Solution
Since its only running a game for maybe 4 minutes do you think its temperature?
Yes, quite possible, overheating can be almost instant. Faulty RAM just causes BSODs so that's probably not that. Other overheating elements (GPU, VRM, chipset) can also cause same problem. Trick is to find which part is at fault. Why don't you use HWinfo64 https://www.hwinfo.com/ to follow temps and voltages ?
My Pc will run games past the menu's but once it has to load into the actual game it instantly crashes and the PC shuts down. Dr. Debug flashes a decent amount of codes but none of them stay just like a normal boot. It runs things like firefox and youtube fine its just when gaming it starts to have problems. The problem has been getting worse over time, I did dust it out and it seemed to help for a bit but other than that temps seem fine. Should I take it to a PC place to get a diag ran on it? All my parts are around 7ish years old except for the GPU so Im thinking either a fault in the GPU, RAM or PSU. Im leaning towards PSU since its 7 years old.

System I7 3770K, asrock z77 extreme 4, corsair vengeance 8 gb ram, Corsair HX 750 modular power supply, MSI 1070 gpu, noctua 120mm cpu cooler.
Two main reasons for such behavior High temperature and not enough power.

Since its only running a game for maybe 4 minutes do you think its temperature?
Yes, quite possible, overheating can be almost instant. Faulty RAM just causes BSODs so that's probably not that. Other overheating elements (GPU, VRM, chipset) can also cause same problem. Trick is to find which part is at fault. Why don't you use HWinfo64 https://www.hwinfo.com/ to follow temps and voltages ?

Solution
Jul 8, 2020
When it comes to voltages and temps, what's a Maximum temp thats a red flag or voltage? Im not that experienced in those fields. I know good temps for a GPU but thats about it.