[SOLVED] PC lags/stutters at even 30% cpu load (i9)

Sep 7, 2019
Hello guys,

there is this stuttering/lagging problem with my system, when I e.g. watch a YT video, and I have a few tabs open in the meantime, the video and generally the whole pc starts to have performance issues (the video / sound lags, the display seems to be running at 15 fps etc.).
I have tried to freshly install win10, this worked for like 2 weeks, then the same problems occurred.

My config is higher "endish": i9, GTX-1070, 16Gb RAM.

I tried BIOS update, it did not help, all my drivers are up to date.
As a browser i am using firefox, tried out nightly build and beta too but the same problems occur, even when i delete all the add-ons the problem still persists.
Also tried out some configuration change in firefox, without any success, it also uses 1.5 gigs of ram just by having 4 tabs open (I dunno if it is normal or not).
(For the record I also tried chrome, which gave a slightly better experience, but still was not quite 100%)

The average cpu load when the sturrering and freezing is present is usually 25-35% which IMO should not cause any trouble but still.
I am guessing it could be a gpu issue, but I ran userbenchmark after the fresh windows install and it performed slightly above the average, so I am completely lost on finding out
what the problem could be.

Any tips and recomendations would be helpful, thanks in adance!

Cheers

Solution
Yeah so I ran LatencyMon while i was using my pc, and what i found out is,
that tcpip.sys ndis.sys and netbt.sys are having latency peaks. Serched several forums, some ppl have the same problems with tcpip amd ndis and I have found no solutions. So most probably it all comes down to lan driver if i am not mistaken.
Yup either the ethernet driver or the motherboard driver since the mobo is the base for everything else.
Sep 7, 2019
Post here what the programm tells you,it might have some clue that will narrow down the search.

that tcpip.sys ndis.sys and netbt.sys are having latency peaks. Serched several forums, some ppl have the same problems with tcpip amd ndis and I have found no solutions. So most probably it all comes down to lan driver if i am not mistaken.

Yup either the ethernet driver or the motherboard driver since the mobo is the base for everything else.

Solution