[SOLVED] PC monitor displaying "no signal" after working for a moment (currently fixed but i don't know why) ?

Dec 3, 2020
So, as the title says, I'm currently be sometimes having this problem where it [the monitor] worked the day before, but then randomly not work the day after, meaning that it just randomly occurs. And this problem occurs multiple times already. I just tried to clean the RAM and let it chill for a couple of minutes or hours or so, and it sometimes fixes the problem, and it sometimes doesn't. So when the times where it didn't fix the problem, I'd tried to unplug and replug the cable back connecting to my PC and monitor, and this also sometimes fixes the problem and sometimes doesn't. And as an insane person as I am, defined by Vaas himself, I'd redo this cycle over and over again, expecting it would work if I do it a couple more times, and then... hey, it worked, but by doing that, I don't know what happened or what's wrong with my pc/monitor.

Now this random occurrences also comes by random problems that I encounter, and the most recent one is the problem of having 1 long beep, followed by 2 short beeps after the PC was turned on. Don't know what went wrong so I rebooted the computer manually again, and it suddenly works, but the problem still occurred, meaning that the monitor would still go off after a couple of minutes or an hour or so. And this also sometimes depends on what activity that I was currently doing. Sometimes while I was playing games while other times were just browsing and chilling in chrome. Other times I would encounter with a problem on the OS, specifically the one where it said that it failed to boot it(?), the one with a lot of 0's in it ending with a 1.

Ok, it seems like I'm rambling here now, but I'd like to eliminate some possibilities that could cause the problem, and please correct me if I'm wrong. The PSU here is not the problem since I play The Witcher 3 for 6-7 hours straight without any problem whatsoever, so in conclusion, my PSU is strong enough. I'd also like to eliminate the GPU since once the computer was on, the GPU is still connected to my computer, as shown in the screen, and this could also eliminate the possibilities of being the CPU's problem since it also displays on my screen that it was connected to my pc. Also, this is the only pc that i have in my household, so I got no monitor nor other pc available to change it on if I had the problem.

Also, once I tried servicing my PC because of this, but once I went there, the PC worked perfectly fine (was really embarrassed and now I'm always hesitating on whether I should go there or not whenever my problem occurs), and this happened several times. Guess the worker has god hands that I'm not worthy of to work on my own computer.

Now all of that said, could you please tell me some possibilities for that problem to happen?

Specs:
Cpu: Intel Core i5 2500s
Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-DS2
Memory: DDR3 8GB
GPU: Radeon RX 560 4GB
(sorry if it was a pain to read or if my English is bad)

Last edited:
Solution
1 long beep, followed by 2 short beeps indicates a problem with the GPU (ie your RX 560).

Possible causes:

Poor quality PSU (please post make & model -- you should have included it with system specs).

Poor connection between graphics card and PCIe slot, so try re-seating it.
1 long beep, followed by 2 short beeps indicates a problem with the GPU (ie your RX 560).

Possible causes:

Poor quality PSU (please post make & model -- you should have included it with system specs).

Poor connection between graphics card and PCIe slot, so try re-seating it.

Solution
Dec 3, 2020
Sorry for the really long long answer here, turns out the Psu was the problem of this whole shenanigan. Changed the Psu, but currently having a different problem that is not related to this subject anymore. Thank you for replying and have a nice day.

For the whole explanation:
Turns out yes, i was using a really poor quality Psu, plus the fan for that was at the bottom of my computer. Me without knowing that, i placed my PC right on the floor, and low and behold, it collects stupid amounts of dusts and would interfere with the working of the already poor manufactured PSU. Changed it and also cleaned my whole PC, and it is now working fine... until i found another problem that is wayy different than this current one.

Last edited: