[SOLVED] PC No Signal to Monitor, Mouse, and Keybord

Oct 21, 2020
Hey everyone,

I’ve been having some recent issues with my current build. Currently the PC is failing to post and fails to find a video signal through my GPU or on boarding graphics thru the mobo. This happened in the middle of playing games one night and I haven’t been able to fix it since. This is a Windows 10 build and I don’t recall any updates or drivers I staled that same day. Video went out and I was able to hear audio till I powered off pc.
Parts:
  • 850w Corsair Power Supply
  • B450 Tomahawk MAX Mobo
  • Ryzen 7 3700x 8-core CPU
  • MSI RTX 2080 Super
  • NZXT Kraken X53 CPU cooler
  • 32 GB Corsair Vengenace DDR4
  • 1TB Samsung 970 Evo SSD
Steps I’ve Taken:
  • Tried different video cables and monitors
  • Removed GPU and used onboarding graphics
  • Tried using 2nd GPU port
  • Re-seated and cleaned RAM sticks and inserts
  • Tried different RAM
  • Replaced the CMOS battery on mobo
  • Replaced mobo :O
  • Replaced power supply
  • Attempted to reboot in safe mode

As you can see I’ve factored out quite a bit and the only other thing I can think of is maybe replacing the processor? This build is less than 3 months old so I was really bummed to run into this many issues. I’m usually pretty tech savvy but I’m stumped on this one. Any help is appreciated! Cheers :)

Solution
I have that Ryzen 7 3700X on a MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK MAX also with G.SKILL, Ripjaws V Series, F4-3200C16D-32GVR from the QVL list that I built back in April with no issues whatsoever. I did make sure it had the latest Bios and with AMD you have to manually update the chip-set drivers from AMD and that I have done twice. Did you try with just one stick of memory in A2? I have heard that the board was picky about memory and that is why I went with some from the QVL. What is the exact part number of your Corsair Vengeance DDR4 ? Not all DDR4 will work in every board!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just so you know, there are no "onboard graphics" with a 3700X, even though there are video ports on the motherboard. You must use a Ryzen ending in "G" for those to work.

Were you overclocking anything before the problem occurred (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Can you still power the system on and access the BIOS?

When the system was operating, what are your CPU and GPU operating temperatures (idle/load)?

Oct 21, 2020
Hello again and appreciate the quick replies :)

Steve I’m pretty much with you. Since I’ve now replaced the mobo all I can think of it being is the CPU.

COLGeek I am unable to access the BIOS, but the system powers on and the RGB’s + CPU Cooler lights up like normal. No signal on monitors and no response or lights from mouse and keyboard. I wasn’t over clocking anything at that time, but I did have my RAM on the proper profile to use the 32gb I have inserted. Thank you for the info on the onboarding graphics! Good to know :)

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
I had a problem recently and had no other CPU that would work on my motherboard. I paid a shop $50 to try another CPU on it. I had the distinction of having both a faulty CPU and a faulty motherboard. You might have to do the same.
I was lucky - I bought the mobo from the shop I that I got it tested at and they didn't make me pay the $50.

I have that Ryzen 7 3700X on a MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK MAX also with G.SKILL, Ripjaws V Series, F4-3200C16D-32GVR from the QVL list that I built back in April with no issues whatsoever. I did make sure it had the latest Bios and with AMD you have to manually update the chip-set drivers from AMD and that I have done twice. Did you try with just one stick of memory in A2? I have heard that the board was picky about memory and that is why I went with some from the QVL. What is the exact part number of your Corsair Vengeance DDR4 ? Not all DDR4 will work in every board!

Solution