[SOLVED] PC not booting anymore at all!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
So the title explains itself: I’m getting no response. When I fire up my rig, all the leds, fans, etc. seem to work fine, but my screen just stays black...

Tried swapping my RAM with no avail. My no.1 suspect here is my Corsair VS650 PSU. It has run my pc for the last 5 years completely fine, but many people in the past told me that that that thing is the litteral equivalent of bull feces.

Anyone ideas how to fix this?

Solution
So I probably fried my mobo, somehow. Asked around on a local forum in my country, no result. Even asked my uncle the pc wizzard, with no succes. Buying an Asus ROG STRIX B360-F Gaming very soon to replace my PRIME Z270-P.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
W

What speed is the motherboard running with 1 stick of RAM and X.M.P. enabled, 3000 MHz? Try turning off X.M.P. and setting the RAM speed manually to 2400 or 2800 MHz.

XMP enabled: 3000MHz.
XMP disabled: 2133MHz automaticly.

Also cleared the CMOS again using the jumpers this time. Starting to think that DIMM_B2 is faulty and that I just should get a new mobo (this fella has been running with me for 6 years now)

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
So I probably fried my mobo, somehow. Asked around on a local forum in my country, no result. Even asked my uncle the pc wizzard, with no succes. Buying an Asus ROG STRIX B360-F Gaming very soon to replace my PRIME Z270-P.

Solution