Jan 3, 2022
Specs:
RYZEN 5 1600
ASUS B350-F Gaming MB
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
EVGA G3 550W Gold Certified

I built this system Four years ago, after a Few months I noticed I had to press down the Start button 2/4 times to boot up my PC. I thought this is a button issue but now I realize it's something much more.

I always had to start my PC this way, but Two months ago, I'd start it and I could see RGB lights on my MB, STANDBY POWER LED and CPU/GPU/PSU fans spinning but my MB wouldn't Start and I'd see no display on my monitor and no Debugging LED on Boot.

I refitted all the wires, reset my CMOS and did a fresh Clean Install of Windows but the issue still persists and now it's gotten worse as the MB wouldn't start even on the 6/8th try.

What I do is I switch Off my PSU and press the Start button again till the MB starts and I can see the Debugging LEDs, yesterday it did boot but on the 14th try.

When I Start my PC everything seems to be working but my MB wouldn't start, even my GPU fans act a bit weird and there'd be no display.

I've got no idea what's happening and how I can fix this issue. Someone told me it could be either my CMOS battery is dying or my MB/PSU is failing.

When it starts everything seems to be working absolutely fine, I use Photoshop and Blender, render stuff and use it for long periods of time.

Update: Someone has told me this could be a moisture issue and that I should use a hair dryer to warm up my PC but I am too afraid to do something like this plus my room is pretty cozy and dry.

Edit: I recently bought a new CMOS battery unfortunately the issue is still there, so it wasn't my battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Smith

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the PSU is as old as the entire system, I'd advise on sourcing a donor PSU with the same wattage, if not, higher but of reliable build quality and see if the issue persists. I'd also try and see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending, provided you're able to POST and get into BIOS on your next attempt.

Reactions: aliwaris
Specs:
RYZEN 5 1600
ASUS B350-F Gaming MB
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
EVGA G3 550W Gold Certified

I built this system Four years ago, after a Few months I noticed I had to press down the Start button 2/4 times to boot up my PC. I thought this is a button issue but now I realize it's something much more.

I always had to start my PC this way, but Two months ago, I'd start it and I could see RGB lights on my MB, STANDBY POWER LED and CPU/GPU/PSU fans spinning but my MB wouldn't Start and I'd see no display on my monitor and no Debugging LED on Boot.

I refitted all the wires, reset my CMOS and did a fresh Clean Install of Windows but the issue still persists and now it's gotten worse as the MB wouldn't start even on the 6/8th try.

What I do is I switch Off my PSU and press the Start button again till the MB starts and I can see the Debugging LEDs, yesterday it did boot but on the 14th try.

When I Start my PC everything seems to be working but my MB wouldn't start, even my GPU fans act a bit weird and there'd be no display.

I've got no idea what's happening and how I can fix this issue. Someone told me it could be either my CMOS battery is dying or my MB/PSU is failing.

When it starts everything seems to be working absolutely fine, I use Photoshop and Blender, render stuff and use it for long periods of time.
A bios bat is only a few bucks.....cheap test.

Mr. Smith

BANNED
Dec 25, 2021
If you recently installed new hardware on your computer, turn off the computer, remove the new hardware, and start up the computer again. Hope so, it will work.

Jan 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the PSU is as old as the entire system, I'd advise on sourcing a donor PSU with the same wattage, if not, higher but of reliable build quality and see if the issue persists. I'd also try and see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending, provided you're able to POST and get into BIOS on your next attempt.
Yes it is that old, before I performed a clean install of Windows, I also updated the BIOS to its latest version. I will ask around for a PSU and see if the problem still persists.