Question Pc not turning on after adding new graphics card

Aug 10, 2024
I have recently bought a rx580 8gb once I put it into my pc and tried to turn it on it wouldn’t one of the fans would move and only the lights on the ram and a little white flashing light on the graphics card appears I used to use intergrated graphics on this computer so haven’t had to put one in before should I take it back and get a refund ??? I have a gigabyte b700h psu 2x16 sticks of ram

Aug 10, 2024
I have recently bought a rx580 8gb once I put it into my pc and tried to turn it on it wouldn’t one of the fans would move and only the lights on the ram and a little white flashing light on the graphics card appears I used to use intergrated graphics on this computer so haven’t had to put one in before should I take it back and get a refund ??? I have a gigabyte b700h psu 2x16 sticks of ram

Well, first of all please be so kind and tell us your computer configuration.
What do you mean by that sorry?

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Well, first of all please be so kind and tell us your computer configuration.
I was talking about your computer configuratios :
Motherboard :
Processor:
RAM:
Video card :
HDD:
PSU:

Because in this equation we need all the details in order to narrow the search for your problem.

Aug 10, 2024
I was talking about your computer configuratios :
Motherboard :
Processor:
RAM:
Video card :
HDD:
PSU:

Because in this equation we need all the details in order to narrow the search for your problem.
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-A320M-H
Processor: Ryzen 5 2400g
RAM: 2x 16 Corsair Vengance pros
Video card : Radeon Rx vega 11 inter grated graphics /trying to add rx 580
HDD: Toshiba 1Tb
SSD Gigabyte PR-SSD-120
PSU: Gigabyte B700H

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
OK.
Based on your description there is a chance that your ASUS RX580 it is fine but does not have UEFI bios.
In order to test it, please boot your computer with iGFX.
Enter in motherboard BIOS and set it to boot in legacy mode.
Also set it to boot as primary graphic - PCIe.
Save it and when computer restarts stop it.
Put RX580 in slot and test it.

Aug 10, 2024
Still having the same issue the gpu has lights on and the ram but the cpu, the fans and nothing else seem to be coming on

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Well, the next thing to do is to take the card and put it in a legacy system.
Meaning, try it in a motherboard with normal BIOS not UEFI

Aug 10, 2024
I started off with it on a normal bios, I do not have another computer to try it in this is my old computer the one I had after I sold 2 years ago and this one has been sat unused for a while but now I’m trying to get back into gaming on it