Question PC Not Using Full Bandwidth

EduardoG357

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I am experiencing a problem where my pc isn't using the full bandwidth. I have 1000mbps speed but the online speed test says I have 90mbps. This happened completely random since earlier today it was working fine. I have tried looking into my other pc to see if it has the same problem but it is working fine. When I switch to Wi-Fi it pulls 120mbps so I think there is something wrong with my network switch. Yesterday I was playing games fine with no lag and I log in today and I start to lag and stutter and teleport around the map. Some of the things I have tried are unplugging and plugging back in ethernet cord, resetting network switch, and downloading new drivers. I have no idea what is going on so I would really appreciate the help.

Specs
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Ryzen 5600X
Aorus X570 Pro Wifi

kanewolf

Titan
Hi, I am experiencing a problem where my pc isn't using the full bandwidth. I have 1000mbps speed but the online speed test says I have 90mbps. This happened completely random since earlier today it was working fine. I have tried looking into my other pc to see if it has the same problem but it is working fine. When I switch to Wi-Fi it pulls 120mbps so I think there is something wrong with my network switch. Yesterday I was playing games fine with no lag and I log in today and I start to lag and stutter and teleport around the map. Some of the things I have tried are unplugging and plugging back in ethernet cord, resetting network switch, and downloading new drivers. I have no idea what is going on so I would really appreciate the help.

Specs
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Ryzen 5600X
Aorus X570 Pro Wifi
The most likely problem is a bad cable. It has been stepped on or bent one-too-many times and one of the eight wires in the ethernet cable no longer makes connection.
Replace your cable with a 100% copper 22-24GA cat5e or cat6a cable.

EduardoG357

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
The most likely problem is a bad cable. It has been stepped on or bent one-too-many times and one of the eight wires in the ethernet cable no longer makes connection.
Replace your cable with a 100% copper 22-24GA cat5e or cat6a cable.

I just switched out the cable but the problem is still happening. Any ideas?