Question PC on startup says "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter"

Jun 2, 2024
Hi, I have a self built PC that is around 4 years old. It's been fine until today, I returned home after a weekend away and my ethernet does not work. My home network is fine and everything is ok on all other devices. My PC does not have a WiFi adapter and uses ethernet. When I turn my computer on I get the message "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter". I can plug my phone into my PC and use USB tethering for internet access.

Motherboard: X570 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X

I'm not super computer savvy so I haven't messed with a lot, I tried to install the Intel LAN 23.5.2 driver and saw no changes, but when I tried to install the Intel Wired Driver 29.1 is said it could not install. The orange LED on the ethernet port is solid orange, nothing from the green light. I really have no idea what to do, but figured I would reach out here for suggestions before trying a clean OS install.

EDIT: I should mention that starting the last couple weeks, whenever I startup my PC I get a popup window with a message "Can not find script file C:\Windows\System32\StartupCheck.vbs". I haven't noticed a change in how my PC acts, I just close the window.