Honorable
Jun 11, 2016
Good day!
PC Specs: RX 480 (4GB)
Intel i5-4460
12GB RAM
More PC info below
PC Benchmark Data: View: https://imgur.com/a/oO8s2Fq

Recently, my PC has been performing very poorly.
(During this test on UserBenchmark it said my CPU usage was 85%, even though only Discord was running. I think it was worth mentioning, but I don't think that's accurate.)
During more taxing games (like Assassin's Creed Origins and Battlefront 2, which both performed poorly, even though a year ago Origins worked at 60 fps everything maxed out) everything that worked in the background was very laggy, like Discord which started dropping audio from my friends and they could barely hear me, like every 5th word.
I'm not sure what to do, is my PC failing me or can it be fixed? I tried reinstalling my GPU drivers using DDU, but it didn't help.
Any help would be great, I'm pretty desperate.

Can you do a task manager screenshot of your CPU usage and filtered by the things that takes the most CPU at the top?

What is your temperatures of your CPU and GPU at idle and load?

Did you do a Malwarebytes and Windows Defender scan?

85% CPU usage at idle is way too much. You need to find out what is taking all that usage.

LOLonPC

Honorable
Jun 11, 2016
Can you do a task manager screenshot of your CPU usage and filtered by the things that takes the most CPU at the top?

What is your temperatures of your CPU and GPU at idle and load?

Did you do a Malwarebytes and Windows Defender scan?

85% CPU usage at idle is way too much. You need to find out what is taking all that usage.
Temperatures are both normal, I was using Afterburner to monitor the temperatures and they don't pass 60-65 Celsius.
Here is the screenshot: View: https://imgur.com/FYwGM7Q

LOLonPC

Honorable
Jun 11, 2016
I'm stupid I was watching the RAM column. Don't ask me why.

What is that Rainmeter desktop customization?

What you should do is close down all process that can be closed and see if your CPU usage is ok after that.

Did you do a malwaresbyte and defender scan? Could be a virus.
I've been using Rainmeter for over a year now and I'm positive that's not the problem since this problem has been occurring recently, but I haven't played games in a while so I can't say when it started.

The usage is quite okay when I shut down Discord and Rainmeter, but I don't think anything is clogging the CPU.

I just did a Malwarebytes scan and nothing was found and I scanned the C drive (boot drive) using defender, but nothing was found either. Should I also scan my HDD?

I've been using Rainmeter for over a year now and I'm positive that's not the problem since this problem has been occurring recently, but I haven't played games in a while so I can't say when it started.

The usage is quite okay when I shut down Discord and Rainmeter, but I don't think anything is clogging the CPU.

I just did a Malwarebytes scan and nothing was found and I scanned the C drive (boot drive) using defender, but nothing was found either. Should I also scan my HDD?

Yes do a scan on all drives.

TRENDING THREADS