Question PC possibly dying?

Feb 8, 2023
My PC has always treated me well, i used to run intensive games at almost max graphics @ 144fps+. Within the last 6 months, Ive had trouble running games like Valorant, League of Legends, and even Minecraft at a consistent 144fps even on the lowest possibe settings. I have to actually close my open programs like Steam or Blizzard to run my games well. Ive managed my nvidia settings for maximum performance and my xmp profile is on 1. While I play games with task manager open im barely even getting close to 50% usage on gpu and cpu most of the time. Temps r fine too. Is it time for a new cpu or gpu? Feel like throwing this whole pc away lol.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core
Motherboard: B450 AORUS PRO WIFI
Ram: 16GB Vengeance
SSD/HDD: Samsung SSD 1TB and Baracuda 2TB
GPU: 2060 Super Founders Edition
PSU: 550W Bronze EVGA

Last edited:
Reactions: whowluke

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

You could perform a processor upgrade, provided your motherboard has the necessary VRM cooling on it and the latest BIOS version.

Feb 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

You could perform a processor upgrade, provided your motherboard has the necessary VRM cooling on it and the latest BIOS version.
Fixed the specs thank you! I was thinking about maybe a Ryzen 7 58000X3D... Just sad to see pc dying xd

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
You have quite a bit of background usage going on. Go through and disable things running while you are trying to game. I also suggest going to "background app" (allow to run in) and turn off anything and everything you can. Make sure your browser isn't running in the background. I typically also suggest to turn off hardware acceleration for browsers if it gives you no ill effects.

Is your 1TB SSD nearly full ?

As mentioned above, turn on XMP as you are running base speed on the RAM kit.

Feb 8, 2023
You have quite a bit of background usage going on. Go through and disable things running while you are trying to game. I also suggest going to "background app" (allow to run in) and turn off anything and everything you can. Make sure your browser isn't running in the background. I typically also suggest to turn off hardware acceleration for browsers if it gives you no ill effects.

Is your 1TB SSD nearly full ?

As mentioned above, turn on XMP as you are running base speed on the RAM kit.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/59092997
SSD has 200 gbs of space left.
XMP reenabled. thank you