PC Randomly Shuts off and Reboots

Sep 15, 2017
So my computer (Running windows 10) is randomly shutting down with no warning, its not blue screening, or showing the Windows Crash screen or anything like that. It happens randomly while im playing a game, or browsing the web, it attempts to reboot, will get to either the screen you can access bios from, windows loading screen, or login screen and will freeze up with its reboot. I have to manually restart the computer in order to get it to load up windows again. And some times after reloading windows it will crash again. Razer Synapse seemed to have stopped working around the same time this issue has started, When it reboots my keyboard patterns, mouse patterns, and all macros freeze or stop working. I have ran virus scans and they dont pick up viruses, CPUID HWMonitor shows all components running at normal volts, temps and clocks speeds except my 8700k, its clocks speeds seem to be irratic, although im not sure if thats part of the same problem or not. I had recently installed an 860 Evo 500GB SSD in my PC and havent had any issues with it, the only thing i install in that is Steam, Steam games, Unreal engine, Glypgh Games, i only use it for games, engines, and stores, ive updated drivers and it didnt do anything, im at a loss

any help is much appreciated thank you

Sep 15, 2017

CPU: 8700k
Cooler: h100i V2
Storage: 1 TB WDBLue, Samsung 860 Evo
GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 1060 3GB
MotherBoard: Maximus X Hero
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G2
RAM: DDR4 TridentZ RGB 16Gb @3000mhz

Sep 15, 2017

Ok,so you mentions power issue, so I assume the power supply would most likely be the main issue? My job gave me a new Cooler Master GX 650w 80 Plus Bronze (Product Number: RS-650-ACCA-D3) can I use this to check to see if the PSU is the issue? I don’t want this to be a crappy PSU and fry my MOBO/CPU/GPU, i understand its only bronze not gold but idk how much that will effect, and i looked at my PSU I had its only 650w, for some reason I thought I was 750, but I had been using that power supply for the last 2 years without an issue so I don’t think the wattage is the problem