[SOLVED] Pc randomly turned off!

Dylo4321

Reputable
Nov 23, 2016
My gaming pc just randomly turned off I’ve had it for around 4 years but always kept up on thermal paste and cleaning it I was currently playing gta v and it suddenly turned off, I let it rest for 15 mins and tried to power up again and I seen it literally flame up and seen the motherboard burn and it has a burn mark what’s my next steps?

Solution
Yeah, that is part of the CPU power delivery. That is just about the worst place to have damage. It is certain the motherboard, and likely the CPU also, is toast. I wouldn't trust the power supply either. The rest of your hardware might be fine.
Well, that is pretty much the end of that PC. Sorry to say. With a literal fire I'm not sure I'd trust any of those components anymore. It could have been any of them. I'm not sure that we can say that anything is fine in there. If you have an older PC you could try testing parts, starting with your storage to see if you lost any important data or anything. Then I'd try the video card. The motherboard is beyond help. With it the CPU probably went... and I'd NEVER plug that power supply in again unless you have a tester to see if it is functioning properly. RAM could go either way, but I suspect it is probably bad too.

Dylo4321

Reputable
Nov 23, 2016
Well, that is pretty much the end of that PC. Sorry to say. With a literal fire I'm not sure I'd trust any of those components anymore. It could have been any of them. I'm not sure that we can say that anything is fine in there. If you have an older PC you could try testing parts, starting with your storage to see if you lost any important data or anything. Then I'd try the video card. The motherboard is beyond help. With it the CPU probably went... and I'd NEVER plug that power supply in again unless you have a tester to see if it is functioning properly. RAM could go either way, but I suspect it is probably bad too.
Then again it didn’t actually flame up just seen a spark and immediately shut it off again this is what damage was done
JV6D466.jpg

Dylo4321

Reputable
Nov 23, 2016
Yeah, that is part of the CPU power delivery. That is just about the worst place to have damage. It is certain the motherboard, and likely the CPU also, is toast. I wouldn't trust the power supply either. The rest of your hardware might be fine.
Oksy thsnks for all your help great excuse for a well over due upgrade appreciate your time, have a good one