[SOLVED] PC randomly turns off and won't turn on for a few minutes

Aug 25, 2020
My pc turns off randomly even when not playing games. When I try to press the power button it will just light up for half a sec and won't turn on anymore. But If I unplug the PSU and wait a couple of minutes, it turns back on. I have had this issue for 3 days already.
My specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x
Asus prime x570p
32gb Adata xpg 3600mhz
RTX 2080super msi gaming x trio
Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W Power Supply
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R ARGB AIO CPU Cooler
256gb Adata m.2
2tb WD black
10 cooler master ARGB fans
Adata rgb extension cables (1x24pin 2x8pin)
Lian Li 011 dynamic

I checked all temps and everything was ok. I also updated all the drivers, reattached cables, and tried without the extension cables.

I also don't have spare parts to test each component that's why I'm really having trouble finding out the root cause of the problem.

[update] I tried resetting the cmos and it worked for a while but after using it for 2 hours, the PC turned off again and I waited 15 minutes just to turn it on again.

Last edited:
Solution
Your symptomns point to a faulty PSU

There are many things i could suggest right now to check and verify

but in order to save yourself a LOT of troubleshooting, do the following

borrow/loan/steal a PSU from somewhere, hook it up to your system and see if the problem persists, jsut by doing that you will have circumvented a heap of work

borrow/loan/steal a PSU from somewhere, hook it up to your system and see if the problem persists, jsut by doing that you will have circumvented a heap of work

Reactions: rulan15
Solution
Aug 25, 2020

I'll try to do that thank you.