Question PC Rebooting in loop after installing APU driver

Mr_Furball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
I've built a machine to my girlfriend (who was in desperately need of one) with everything new except the PSU. Ryzen 3 2200G, AB350M DS3H, one hyperx stick of ram, 2400Mhz hx424c15fb2 (I know ryzen works best with 2 sticks, we would upgrade eventually), and a corsair vx550. The pc works fine when installing a handful of apps, but everytime I install the video driver for the vega 8, it starts a reboot loop in windows safe mode. The only thing that fixed was when I wnet back to a restore point I created. Cmd didn't fix. I tried other windows 10 ISO, but didn't fix it either. Not to metion that I needed to format a number of times. In one of the formats, in cmd, it showed the following error: system32 logfiles srt srttrail.txt. The fix with bootrec didn't help. I also tried going by ''cd c: system32 config'' but it said ''path not found''. Now, the pc is working. Like I said, we installed various softwares, such as steam, winrar, realtek audio, office, but we didn't install the driver yet again. I tested half life 2, which I know it should run fine, and got, like, 10fps in the intro cutscene. Now I don't know if that is because APUs are different from GPUs and absolutely need a driver to run a game (because GPUs can run decently some games even without graphic drivers) or if this shows faulty hardware.

Thank you for any help, in advance.

Last edited:

Mr_Furball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
How old is that PSU? You shouldn't be able to be running anything off that unit. Why are you dealing with other ISO's? You should ideally be working with Windows Media Creation Tools to create your bootable installer.
I don't know how old it is exactly, but that PSU was working fine in my pc until I swaped. I tried other ISOs because it was recommended to me that it could be the problem. The first formats, which presented the same problem, were made with the official media creation tool.