[SOLVED] PC Reboots Randomly

Mar 12, 2020
Hello there,

Recently I have been experiencing issues with my PC where it tends to reboot randomly when playing games. This really only happens when I am playing Overwatch, and I have my frames capped as well as playing on Medium settings. I also have ticked off the "automatic reboot" setting in my System settings. It went away for a few days but now it has come back and is doing the same thing. I have only had this PC for about a year now and it had never done this until a few weeks ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
CPU COOLING - CRYORIG H7 Lumi
> MOTHERBOARD - MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
> GPU(GRAPHICS) - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 - MSI GAMING X
> CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Quad-Core 3.6GHz
> POWER SUPPLY - Seasonic S12III 650W Bronze
> RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2666MHz
> SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
> SERVICES - Standard
> SOFTWARE - Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Solution
Make sure all components seated properly (video card and memory in particular).

Also ensure all cables that need to be connected are connected properly.

If still having issues, then -

try the video card in another computer, and/or try another known working video card as a test

If the original video card works OK in the other computer, and/or computer still having issues while using the test video card, then -

try another known working PSU as a test.

If computer now behaves, then the original PSU may be faulty.
If computer still reboots unexpectedly, then the motherboard may be faulty.

If the original video card causes problems in the other computer, and/or if the test video card in the computer stops the rebooting, then the...
Make sure all components seated properly (video card and memory in particular).

Also ensure all cables that need to be connected are connected properly.

If still having issues, then -

try the video card in another computer, and/or try another known working video card as a test

If the original video card works OK in the other computer, and/or computer still having issues while using the test video card, then -

try another known working PSU as a test.

If computer now behaves, then the original PSU may be faulty.
If computer still reboots unexpectedly, then the motherboard may be faulty.

If the original video card causes problems in the other computer, and/or if the test video card in the computer stops the rebooting, then the original video card may be faulty.

Solution