[SOLVED] PC reset after power outage instead of continuous operation via UPS

Sheikh Tashdeed Ahmed

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2016
Hello. I have a pc issue. Detailing specs below first.

CPU: R7 3700x
GPU: Rx 590 Nitro+
PSU: Tt BX1 550
Case: CM H500P Mesh
AIO: CM ML240R
RAM: Gskill TZ 2666Mhz 32GB Dual channel

Yesterday while playing a game, while there was a power outage, my pc just reset randomly. Crash.

I use a UPS and the UPS is more than capable to providing 720W of continuous power. I was hitting around 300W based on power consumption of system.

Even many days before during gaming, there was power outage but at that time the system did not restart, it only kept continuing giving me enough time to quit game and turn PC off.

But yesterday, just crash and reset.

Also, after it crash, the gpu fans turned off. After 2 secs (while boot process going on) the GPU fans ramped up at very high speed and high noise for 2 secs then return to 0 rpm in desktop.

Anybody know the reason? If you need more information, please let me know. I don't know what is going on. If you read this till here, thank you so much for this.

Solution

Yesterday while playing a game, while there was a power outage, my pc just reset randomly. Crash.

I use a UPS and the UPS is more than capable to providing 720W of continuous power. I was hitting around 300W based on power consumption of system.

Even many days before during gaming, there was power outage but at that time the system did not restart, it only kept continuing giving me enough time to quit game and turn PC off.

Also, after it crash, the gpu fans turned off. After 2 secs (while boot process going on)...

Also, after it crash, the gpu fans turned off. After 2 secs (while boot process going on) the GPU fans ramped up at very high speed and high noise for 2 secs then return to 0 rpm in desktop.

Anybody know the reason? If you need more information, please let me know. I don't know what is going on. If you read this till here, thank you so much for this.
Most probably UPS battery wasn't charged enough or didn't have enough capacity, they do loose capacity with age, 2 to 3 years at most.
Other possibility is that power fluctuated fast off and on and confused UPS or overpowered it's protection.
That can cause some corruption of BIOS/CMOS and/or it's reset.

Solution