elhadi91

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Hello guys,

I've been using my desktop for almost 4 years now, it has been running smoothly all these years with no problem. I did a lot of gaming in the past years, but not so much anymore.

Lately, while i'm working, sometimes my pc restarts by itself. It has happened before in the past weeks, but lately it's more frequent.

I have checked the temperatures of CPU and my GPU and they don't go above 60C°. I believe i have a legit solid antivirus aswell Bitdefender, so if there was anything wrong it would have picked it up i think !

I checked the log report of "Whocrashed" but there was nothing to report.

An important notice, most of the time my pc restarts by itself, but sometimes it shutsdown and when i try to start it again it doesn't seem to work, so i turn off my electric powerstrip and unplug my powersupply corde and leave it like that for dozens of minutes and later i put everything back on so i can make it start again.

I honestly have no clue why this is happening, if any of you have any idea or suggestions or past similar experiences that can help me solve my problem i would very much be appreciative.

Thank you in advance

Here are my specs:

Computer Case: Antec GX500 (5 fans)
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 3.2ghz Socket 1155
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33
HDD: (2) Seagate Barracuda 1to 7200rpm
SSD: Samsung Evo 750
RAM: (2) Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb 1600mhz
Power Supply: Tacens Radix VII AG 600w 80+ Silver
GPU: MSI Twinfrozr Gaming 4G GTX 970
Monitor 1 : Samsung SyncMaster 226BW (22 ")
Monitor 2: Dell P2417H (24 ")

Jun 15, 2018
Have you checked your Error Logs? Like Windows Event Viewer I mean. I had this problem as well on a sub par mobo and it was the northbridge failing because it got way too hot, not that I'm saying your mobo is sub par :p