Question Pc running slow during and after playing games

Jun 8, 2019
Greetings, for a while now my PC has been getting slow everytime I play games. For example, I've been playing Fortnite (Yeah I know) and upon starting up the game it would go from responsive to unresponsive randomly. And I also notice that I load into the game slower than my friends (not an internet problem, i'm connected through ethernet). Also I have an issue where the textures in Fortnite will take FOREVER to load in sometimes.

After closing the game, My computer would continue to run in a slowed down state for awhile (It's like me after sprinting and needing to recover) and in this phase, everything runs slower (opening new windows or any apps will take awhile and freezes occur)

Another thing is sometimes my monitor would close down and I would hear a buzzing noise through my headphones, then the monitor stays off while the pc keeps running (This information might help, I'm not sure) This happens at random

My specs are:

GTX 970
8GB DDR4 RAM
Intel Core I5 6400 2.7ghz turbo boost up to 3.3ghz

Apologies if I have made any mistakes in posting this question as this is my first time asking a question here and am not sure about the rules and regulations here.
I would be very grateful to those who take the time to read this and help me with this situation :) thank you very much!!!

Firstly, what is the make and model of your PSU? Not just the company and wattage, but also what series it belongs to.

Secondly, use HWMonitor to check your temperatures while the CPU is stressed using AIDA64, and when the GPU is stressed using Unigine Heaven Benchmark.

PSU = KCAS-600W model name: APS-KS600-A01

Thank you for replying
These aren't temperatures when the parts are stressed. Run AIDA64 stress test and then take the screenshot while the test is running in the background - the CPU usage should be 100%, and wait for the temperature to level off(should take 10-15 minutes). Same with GPU - run Unigine, let the temperature level off, then take a screenshot. This'll show if there is any overheating under load of CPU or GPU.

C0v3r

Great
Jun 9, 2019
no its the cpu and the ram upgrade those suckers and it will fix it i had the same problem on my old system with an i5 7400 i got more ram it helped a bit but not enough to make me not upgrade to a new ryzen 7.