Question PC seems to be running slow, GPU will be running at 95% then fall to 10-20 causing huge fps loss

Feb 3, 2022
I started noticing last week and this week that my computer was starting to feel less responsive. Windows start opening a little slower, the browser webpages are slightly delayed, and yesterday games that I was getting 144 fps in are now dropping to 20-30 fps.

I've monitored task manager and my CPU and memory never rise above 20-30% usage during gaming or normal use. I've stopped every unnecessary background service and ran overnight RAM checks which all passed. I have done multiple scans with windows defender to potentially rule out a virus. I am having a hard time pinpointing what could actually be wrong, but I know that my computer is not as fast as it usually is.
I ran the benchmark and here are my results: UserBenchmarks: Game 116%, Desk 84%, Work 123%
CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K - 69%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 - 168.2%
SSD: WD Black SN750 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB (2019) - 207.3%
SSD: WD Black SN750 NVMe PCIe M.2 2TB (2019) - 201.7%
RAM: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3600 C16 2x16GB - 75.5%
MBD: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

According to these I have several components performing below expectations. This PC is not old, and I would not think all of these are going bad at the same time. Could this be a RAM or processor issue still?

Feb 3, 2022
brand and model of the psu?
check cpu temp? look like issue with the cpu
Seasonic Focus GX-750, I monitor the temps constantly, even during a stress test I sit around 80c after 20 minutes of stress testing. But it does lag behind the pack on benchmarks I need to figure out what's going on there, on a single thread benchmark it performs fine but during multi-thread test it does not.

Feb 3, 2022
what the idle temp?
stress test at 80c could be just throttling
I am so upset with myself, after about a week of not realizing why my computer was slow, I've figured it out. I updated my motherboard drivers last week due to another issue I was having, and windows switched me over to 'power saving' mode. I thought I had turned it back on to maximum performance, but what I really did was just edit the settings for max, not actually activate it.