Status
Not open for further replies.

jedzkie

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
(Fresh installed Win7 Ultimate 64bit)

I used Aero Peek a couple of times earlier without any problem while multi-tasking. and after 15 minutes, this sh*t starts to happen!
When I press the Windows Button on my keyboard, my computer shuts down!!!! WTH?! :fou: I thought earlier that I just pressed it and clicked or highlighted the "shutdown" button on the start menu. But I have tried it a dozen times, that when I press the Windows Button, it really shuts down the PC. What's happening??
In fact this is the second time that I am posting this thread because I accidentally pressed the d*mn Windows Button again. Noooooooo!!!

jedzkie

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
F***! I was typing a quick reply on your post earlier then I pressed the d*mn windows button again and my pc shuts down. FML

Anyway, regional setting is FORMAT: English (united states) Location: United states keyboard: English

I didnt remap my keyboard.

Sep 12, 2021
hi
I had the same problem (if I press windows key my pc shuts down) and I opened on-screen keyboard application and pressed windows key on the the on-screen keyboard application (not on the physical keyboard) and it opened start menu not shutdown my pc and I pressed again and again like 10 times in the on-screen keyboard application and it didn't shutdown my pc and I closed the on-screen keyboard application and tried pressing on the physical keyboard and it didn't turn of my pc! it opened the start menu!
and I thought of sharing this method with you guys so that you guys can also try if it solves the problem
hope it solves :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.