harismasood1234

Commendable
Aug 10, 2018
I recently got a new motherboard, cpu and ram sticks. after upgrading my pc, it crashes in certain games without reason, in warzone i can't even load into a lobby without it shutting down instantly. on destiny 2 it usually shuts down within a hour. I have been able to delay it from shutting down by a couple hours on games, and been able to load in and play a couple games of warzone, i done this by changing my maximum processor power managment to 90% on windows power settings. If anyone knows what the main culprit for the shut downs are, please let me know. all my drives are up to date.
full specs:
MOBO: As rock b450m hdv r4.0 (new)
CPU: ryzen 5 2600x (new)
RAM: corsair vengenace 2x8gb (new)
GPU: gtx 1060 gb
PSU :corsair vs 550

Lutfij

Titan
If the system shuts off only when the system is taxed/stressed then you have one of two problems,
1| Your PSU is incapable of delivering the necessary power to the entire system
2| Your system is shutting of due to a thermal issue
or both

You should also be working with a higher quality PSU, the VS isn't a reliable unit, it's cheap yes, but it's not a reliable unit.

Reactions: Pytheus and Nemesia

harismasood1234

Commendable
Aug 10, 2018
If the system shuts off only when the system is taxed/stressed then you have one of two problems,
1| Your PSU is incapable of delivering the necessary power to the entire system
2| Your system is shutting of due to a thermal issue
or both

You should also be working with a higher quality PSU, the VS isn't a reliable unit, it's cheap yes, but it's not a reliable unit.
what do you mean by a thermal issue? i've also suspected it may be the psu, as ive had it for 2 years at this point.
the cpu usually hovers around 60 - 70 on cinebench.