Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainDiabeto

Prominent
Jan 26, 2021
My PC For The Most Part Has Done Pretty Well In The Past With No Significant Errors/Crashing, Until 3 Days Ago.
Now My PC Wont Go 5 Minutes Without Shutting Down & It Does It Randomly; Sometimes In Windows, Sometimes When I'm In The BIOS & I'm Completely Stumped.

Here's A List Of Things I've Tested That Aren't The Cause Of The Problem:
My CPU
GPU
PSU
Windows Installation
BIOS
Power Cable
Wall-Socket
Monitors
Monitor Cables
Optical Drive
& Hard Drive

I've Tested Everything Under The Sun Apart From The RAM, CPU, SSD, & Motherboard & It Still Randomly Crashes.

I Haven't Made Any Changes To The PC: Haven't Installed Any Suspicious Software, Updated The BIOS/Drivers, Haven't Changed Out Any Hardware; The Problem Just Seemed To Come Out Of The Blue.

I Also Reseated The CPU Cooler & Applied New Thermal Paste (Even Though The Resting Temperature Before Was Still Around 50℃) & That Still Didn't Do Anything, And I Can't Even Run A Memory Diagnostic With It Crashing. My Biggest Point Of Focus Now Is The RAM, But I'll Have To Wait Until I'm Able To Find New RAM.

Here's The Specs Of My System:
Ryzen 5 3600X
MSI B450M Pro-VDH MAX
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
2x16GB 3000 MHz DDR4 RAM (Brand: OLOy)
APower AK Series: 680W PSU
256GB SanDisk SSD
2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

I Have A Video Project For School That I Have To Edit, And This Is My Only PC, So I Will Greatly Appreciate Any Advice Given To Help Further The Cause Of Getting My System Working Again.
Thanks For Any Future Advice!
-CaptainDiabeto

(P.S. All My Computer Parts Are Within 1 Year Old, Except For The GPU, But That Has Been Tested Working)

That PSU Apower AK 680 is an unrated low quality PSU and a weird wattages number. Not even in PSU tier list and was released November 25, 2008. 13 years old model.

If you tested another PSU was it a good model or it was a PSU like the one you're using?

A system shutting down is normally caused by overheating, PSU or a GPU issue.

Faulty RAM can cause a shutdown but it does not rank near the top for reasons why the shutdown happens.

CaptainDiabeto

Prominent
Jan 26, 2021
That PSU Apower AK 680 is an unrated low quality PSU and a weird wattages number. Not even in PSU tier list and was released November 25, 2008. 13 years old model.

If you tested another PSU was it a good model or it was a PSU like the one you're using?

A system shutting down is normally caused by overheating, PSU or a GPU issue.

The 2nd PSU I tested was a Corsair CX750M. A Bit Old, But It Was Pulled Out Of My Server Computer & It Was Working Just Fine In There.

Status
Not open for further replies.