[SOLVED] PC shutting down when i start a game

jaxx199

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
MY PC
Core i5 8400
GTX 970

This is a 4 year old PC . It used to work fine but recently when i start game on it the PC just shuts off and restarts without any messages or beeps .
Its like the power cuts and it restarts .

The temp of the CPU and GPU are normal , the GPU fans are working normally .

The PC works normally in regular tasks .

I ran a cpu stress test and it ran fine .
i ran a gpu stress test and same problem .

Also the problem grew , because initially it only happened when i started nioh on steam .
but now it happens in all games , including games like league of legends. Howver PCSX2 , RPCS3 run fine surprisingly .

PLZ HELP

Solution
I had a very similiar problem to yours, my issue was my old evga 600w psu, whenever your pc crashes out of the blue very often like every 6-12 hours every damn day.
Thats a clear indication the psu is failing, my psu lasted from 1-4-2016 till 6-12-2020 so I think your psu should be normal to die out if you can understand my point
I had a very similiar problem to yours, my issue was my old evga 600w psu, whenever your pc crashes out of the blue very often like every 6-12 hours every damn day.
Thats a clear indication the psu is failing, my psu lasted from 1-4-2016 till 6-12-2020 so I think your psu should be normal to die out if you can understand my point

Reactions: jaxx199
Solution
That PSU should not have been used in your rig. Age degradation and poor quality are the reasons. A bad PSU can amd will risk all of your hardware. It's something that you need to not cheap out on it. It literally makes your system work and if it's a poor one then it might take something else with it when it goes out.

Reactions: Nemesia

jaxx199

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
In the begining it only crashed when i played nioh , but now it crashes in almost all games except emulators .
So far it doesnt crash in normal surfing or browsing or even cpu stress test but as soon as a game starts it crashes.

Anyway is this good
Gigabyte GP-B700H 700W ATX12V SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

also can i be sure my GPU is good ?

jaxx199

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
That PSU should not have been used in your rig. Age degradation and poor quality are the reasons. A bad PSU can amd will risk all of your hardware. It's something that you need to not cheap out on it. It literally makes your system work and if it's a poor one then it might take something else with it when it goes out.
So can i be sure my GPU is good ?
I want to purchase this PSU
Gigabyte GP-B700H 700W ATX12V SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
is this good ?

MorganPike

Prominent
Jan 8, 2020
So can i be sure my GPU is good ?
I want to purchase this PSU
is this good ?

You can't be sure of anything until the solution is implemented. But imo you've been given good advise. And that sounds like a good psu, although I have no experience with it. I always check reviews.

jaxx199

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
ok , just an update . I replaced my power supply with a new one and so far no crashes . I was finally able to play nioh with 0 crashes so far . Thank you everyone for help.