Jan 25, 2019
Hey guys,
so I have a little problem with my PC. Sometimes, after I turned my PC on, it goes off a few seconds after but then restarts normally. This just happens sometimes, not every time. The first time I had such an issue was after I overclocked my RAM speed in Ryzen Master. First, I made it way too fast, so after my PC restarted (because that has to happen to apply the speed), it immediately turned off again, then on, then off again, and then turned normally with the original RAM speed. What might also have to do with it is the fact that I had to unplug some of these smaller power cables to build in new coolers. However, I correctly plugged them in again, so there shouldn't be a problem...
Either way, I have this problem now for several weeks, if anyone can give advice on what to do, I would be very thankful.
So thanks in advance!

Solution
Don't use Ryzen master to make changes to memory or CPU speeds. Always do that in the BIOS. I would recommend that you revert any changes you have made using Ryzen master to the CPU or memory configuration, and reconfigure those changes if desired from within the BIOS, AFTER resetting the BIOS using the following method.

The problem you are having is almost certainly due to either a failure to POST at the current memory settings, which is causing the system to restart and change the memory to the default configuration and then re-attemp to POST and boot, which it then does successfully, or else it is due to the memory having to be retrained during every POST process due to some setting it does not like.

Power off the unit, switch the...
Don't use Ryzen master to make changes to memory or CPU speeds. Always do that in the BIOS. I would recommend that you revert any changes you have made using Ryzen master to the CPU or memory configuration, and reconfigure those changes if desired from within the BIOS, AFTER resetting the BIOS using the following method.

The problem you are having is almost certainly due to either a failure to POST at the current memory settings, which is causing the system to restart and change the memory to the default configuration and then re-attemp to POST and boot, which it then does successfully, or else it is due to the memory having to be retrained during every POST process due to some setting it does not like.

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. During that five minutes, press the power button on the case for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

*Resolving memory problems and setting up XMP/DOCP/AMP profiles

Solution